Wii Elbow - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Wii Elbow

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:34 pm

I played the Wii last night for the first time for about 6 hours. I'm so sore today. Bowling, baseball, boxing...
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:38 pm

chadlincoln wrote:I played the Wii last night for the first time for about 6 hours. I'm so sore today. Bowling, baseball, boxing...

I think that's really cool. I'm not a 'gamer' by any means, but this thing sounds pretty neat.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:03 pm

I got a 360 for Christmas, but it's starting to sound like I'm getting the wrong system....
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Yoda » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:12 pm

So I had the system for about a month now... And I still play Wii Sports. Whether it is by myself or with someone else, it seems to be a very deep game. The potential for the Wii is a lot greater than people think.

I think it would be awesome to see a lacross game made for it. And hockey and Tiger Woods utilizing the remote.

But the big money is in FPS. If they come out with one big hit utilizing the remote and online capabilities, then Wii will win. I think Metroid game will really determine whether FPS is possible on the system.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby thomasps3 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:35 pm

Yoda wrote:So I had the system for about a month now... And I still play Wii Sports. Whether it is by myself or with someone else, it seems to be a very deep game. The potential for the Wii is a lot greater than people think.

I think it would be awesome to see a lacross game made for it. And hockey and Tiger Woods utilizing the remote.

But the big money is in FPS. If they come out with one big hit utilizing the remote and online capabilities, then Wii will win. I think Metroid game will really determine whether FPS is possible on the system.

FPS?

Can you explain that?
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:36 pm

thomasps3 wrote:
Yoda wrote:So I had the system for about a month now... And I still play Wii Sports. Whether it is by myself or with someone else, it seems to be a very deep game. The potential for the Wii is a lot greater than people think.

FPS?

Can you explain that?

First Person Shooter.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:53 pm

While we're on the subject, what's an RTS?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:02 pm

real time strategy
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:17 pm

Amazinz wrote:real time strategy

Thank you.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby Yoda » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:05 pm

good stuff... i am posting this msg from the new wii opera browser :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk