Am I missing important Aramis Ramirez info? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Am I missing important Aramis Ramirez info?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mrkrab2003 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:26 pm

JTWood wrote:While that mock is low, I still think he's overrated in H2H leagues. His terrible starts can put you in holes that are just way too deep to dig out of, plus you can't trade him since his value is at its lowest.


His .300 avg 30 hrs 100 rbis that he will get you are terrible stats.
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 347
Joined: 31 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sensei » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:16 pm

Starts, not stats. H2H rewards consistency, not just overall numbers. Aram was horrible for the first half, and then made up a decent season of stats post ASB. JTWood's point was that Aram's slow start would make it difficult for you to be in contention when he starts to hit again.
"I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Sensei
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 529
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raygunpunx » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:40 pm

Although Ramirez did start off slow it was mainly his average that suffered not his power numbers. Part of the reason is because Lee was out. I would rather have a better 2nd half player in head to head anyday
raygunpunx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 574
Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:54 pm

Sensei wrote:Starts, not stats. H2H rewards consistency, not just overall numbers. Aram was horrible for the first half, and then made up a decent season of stats post ASB. JTWood's point was that Aram's slow start would make it difficult for you to be in contention when he starts to hit again.

;-D

raygunpunx wrote:Although Ramirez did start off slow it was mainly his average that suffered not his power numbers. Part of the reason is because Lee was out. I would rather have a better 2nd half player in head to head anyday

He's done it every year. Look at 2005 when Lee was a beast:

Image

The man just doesn't get going until the second half. He's uber-Aubrey Huff.
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Postby thedude » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:07 pm

At least there hasn't been a "the OFFICIAL ' you ramirez why won't you hit a dingdong'" thread...yet.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Postby pokeyjoe » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:16 pm

thedude wrote:At least there hasn't been a "the OFFICIAL ' you ramirez why won't you hit a dingdong'" thread...yet.


I remember that thread from last year...it got pretty long didn't it?
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 877
Joined: 9 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Jersey

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:34 pm

he will only get 40 RBI from his solo HR as Soriano and Lee will keep the rest of the guys cleaned off of the bases for ARam... ;-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 4170
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Champaign, IL

Postby JTWood » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:48 pm

pokeyjoe wrote:
thedude wrote:At least there hasn't been a "the OFFICIAL ' you ramirez why won't you hit a dingdong'" thread...yet.


I remember that thread from last year...it got pretty long didn't it?

Actually, it's from two years ago. That's why it got so long.

It's one of the most popular posts I've ever seen here.
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact