Why I Recently Started Liking me Job FREE STUFF!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Why I Recently Started Liking me Job FREE STUFF!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:57 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Phatferd wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Christmas party was last night at my boss's house. We weren't allowed to have alcohol because I have one evangelical co-worker who refused to even be in the presence of it.

Yeah, that's right.

Why does 1 person get to dictate the whole thing? It's their choice not to surround themselves with alcohol, if they don't want to be around it then they need to do whatever is best for them to not be around it. Meaning don't go.

It was debated at great lengths. I can't explain it, I don't want to get into it because I'm upset about it, but yes, it's bullsh...

I woulda showed up with my Girlfriend wearing a devil hat and said.

"Hi this is my live in girlfriend. We are having premarital sex in positions other then missionary."

you forgot to add "...and we dont bother wih protection because she can always get an abortion if i knock her up"

Oh snap! Or, ouch.. or, I don't know... mine's on "the patch."

Maybe if we didn't teach "abstinence only" in schools, there wouldn't be so many abortions. :-? O:-)

Or if kids would simply keep it in their pants instead of being irresponsible little twits. :-t
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:36 pm

Madison wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Phatferd wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Christmas party was last night at my boss's house. We weren't allowed to have alcohol because I have one evangelical co-worker who refused to even be in the presence of it.

Yeah, that's right.

Why does 1 person get to dictate the whole thing? It's their choice not to surround themselves with alcohol, if they don't want to be around it then they need to do whatever is best for them to not be around it. Meaning don't go.

It was debated at great lengths. I can't explain it, I don't want to get into it because I'm upset about it, but yes, it's bullsh...

"Hi this is my live in girlfriend. We are having premarital sex in positions other then missionary."

you forgot to add "...and we dont bother wih protection because she can always get an abortion if i knock her up"

Maybe if we didn't teach "abstinence only" in schools, there wouldn't be so many abortions. :-? O:-)

Or if kids would simply keep it in their pants instead of being irresponsible little twits. :-t

Unfortunately, kids will always be irresponsible little twits.

Mostly though because their parents are irresponsible big twits; they should show that european commercial with the screaming kid in the supermarket here.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:39 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Madison wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Phatferd wrote:

Yeah, that's right.

Mostly though because their parents are irresponsible big twits; they should show that european commercial with the screaming kid in the supermarket here.

Because that will solve all of our problems. Just keep preaching irresponsibility. It's working great.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:42 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Madison wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Phatferd wrote:

Yeah, that's right.

Because that will solve all of our problems. Just keep preaching irresponsibility. It's working great.

Hey, you're preaching to the choir if you're telling me that. "Now keep it in your pants kids!"

Working great ;-D
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:44 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Madison wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Phatferd wrote:

Yeah, that's right.

Hey, you're preaching to the choir if you're telling me that. "Now keep it in your pants kids!"

Working great ;-D

Last I checked, that hasn't been preached in quite some time....
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RugbyD » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:45 pm

Teaching abstinence works great for anything. Haven't you all heard of D.A.R.E.? Oh, wait..... ;-7
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Coppermine » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:45 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Madison wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Phatferd wrote:

Yeah, that's right.

Working great ;-D

:-?
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:16 am

Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Madison wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Phatferd wrote:

Yeah, that's right.

Working great ;-D

We both know this has been said before and is going nowhere. We also both know that kids nowadays have such amazing <insert sarcasm> role models to look up to. If parents were still doing their jobs as parents, we wouldn't be having his discussion.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:19 am

Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Last I checked, that hasn't been preached in quite some time....

And this... :-? ... Are you suggesting that this gets taught anymore? Seriously. Do you have a television? Any public schools in your area? Abstinence might as well be a 4-letter word in most households.... :-[
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:29 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Last I checked, that hasn't been preached in quite some time....

And this... :-? ... Are you suggesting that this gets taught anymore? Seriously. Do you have a television? Any public schools in your area? Abstinence might as well be a 4-letter word in most households.... :-[

Well, the public high school I work at, in the Health program, has strayed completely from the 'preaching' method. I've sat in on a few of the phys. ed/health department meeting as a coach, and it's definitely something they try to avoid, or to even come across as. They are big on educating the children about the possible outcomes of wreckless and/or unprotected sex, while reinforcing abstinence as the only true failsafe in the process. As I mentioned, I'm not really in the front lines here; but this is what I've seen in my experiences at a public high school in the last 2 years.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk