Why I Recently Started Liking me Job FREE STUFF!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Why I Recently Started Liking me Job FREE STUFF!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Why I Recently Started Liking me Job FREE STUFF!!

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:11 pm

So As much as I complain about my job there are some things I like.

My company had a contest for 2 free Ski Season Passes to Copper mountain. You had to write a 40 word or less ESSAY on why you should have them..

Mine basically said. I ski the most in the company, my girlfriend and I ski 30 days each a year, and the excellent benefit package allows me to jump of cliffs without worry.

So I won! 325 dollar passes EACH and I won two of them!

That rules.

Then today they did a silent auction for 2 SUITE tickets to the Avalance vs. Edmonton game. I figure well I'm broke but I can do 30 bucks a ticket! And I won!!

No one else bid WTH!! 60 bucks total for suite tickets!! wooooo. Free beer free food!!

I'm not sure what the avalanche are.. I think they play this sport called hookey. Not really sure what It means but I heard you have to wear a jacket cause its really cold and they also hit around a 4 letter word ...

weird oh well
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Why I Recently Started Liking me Job FREE STUFF!!

Postby Coppermine » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:19 pm

acsguitar wrote:I'm not sure what the avalanche are.. I think they play this sport called hookey. Not really sure what It means but I heard you have to wear a jacket cause its really cold and they also hit around a 4 letter word ...

weird oh well
\

Puckin' a
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:27 pm

Talk about free stuff... my boss of our company owns a golf resort. Incidentally, my office has a nice view of #15, par 5 hole (I hear a lot of cursing and cheering). So I get to play golf for free any time with anyone as long as it is *cough* business *cough* related (restaurant also). In the summer I play about 2-3 times during the week with my coworkers and buddies. It's a private course also so there is never anyone on the course in the afternoon.

I don't abuse the system but it is definitely a perk that I will never get anywhere else.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:06 pm

That's so awesome. I would love to have free season lift tickets!

You suck. :-t :-D
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Yoda wrote:Talk about free stuff... my boss of our company owns a golf resort. Incidentally, my office has a nice view of #15, par 5 hole (I hear a lot of cursing and cheering). So I get to play golf for free any time with anyone as long as it is *cough* business *cough* related (restaurant also). In the summer I play about 2-3 times during the week with my coworkers and buddies. It's a private course also so there is never anyone on the course in the afternoon.

I don't abuse the system but it is definitely a perk that I will never get anywhere else.

wow you win ;-D
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:25 pm

I work at a cash-strapped Web 2.0 startup, as some of you know. This isn't 1995 where startups had gone for broke in spoiling their employees and going for broke in the marketplace not too far down the road. So, not a whole lot of incentives except for happy hours on behalf of Revver, but the incentive right now is that the work itself is fun, challenging, and rarely grows old.

With regards to ACS and Yoda, you're darn lucky, but there will come a day where Revver gives us all free Ferraris. :-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:49 pm

My wife's company does parties twice a year, and they always give out sweet stuff. At the most recent departmental party, they gave all the employees 30 gig video Ipods, and her boss has told her department that no one wants to miss their party. No clue what they will give them. Could be the 30 gig ones, the 80 gig ones, Wii's, PS3's, who knows? None of that would surprise me any, as Brinks is good to their employees at their parties. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:08 pm

Madison wrote:My wife's company does parties twice a year, and they always give out sweet stuff. At the most recent departmental party, they gave all the employees 30 gig video Ipods, and her boss has told her department that no one wants to miss their party. No clue what they will give them. Could be the 30 gig ones, the 80 gig ones, Wii's, PS3's, who knows? None of that would surprise me any, as Brinks is good to their employees at their parties. B-)

Thats awesome!! Or XMAS party sucked hard.

They gave a bunch of prizes but we have the corporate office and the field offices (5 dollar and hour HS dropouts) at the party.

Well field offices won like 99% of the stuff like MP3 players, TV's, Trips to mexico.

Then corporate would win like a 5 dollar card to starbucks :-t :-t
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:23 am

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:My wife's company does parties twice a year, and they always give out sweet stuff. At the most recent departmental party, they gave all the employees 30 gig video Ipods, and her boss has told her department that no one wants to miss their party. No clue what they will give them. Could be the 30 gig ones, the 80 gig ones, Wii's, PS3's, who knows? None of that would surprise me any, as Brinks is good to their employees at their parties. B-)

Thats awesome!! Or XMAS party sucked hard.

They gave a bunch of prizes but we have the corporate office and the field offices (5 dollar and hour HS dropouts) at the party.

Well field offices won like 99% of the stuff like MP3 players, TV's, Trips to mexico.

Then corporate would win like a 5 dollar card to starbucks :-t :-t

Can you even buy anything at Starbucks for $5? :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:55 pm

Christmas party was last night at my boss's house. We weren't allowed to have alcohol because I have one evangelical co-worker who refused to even be in the presence of it.

Yeah, that's right.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk