Andrew Miller... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Andrew Miller...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Andrew Miller...

Postby dcskater619 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:27 pm

the tigers arent gonna waste his talent by starting the year with him in their major league bullpen are they..???
dcskater619
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 868
Joined: 9 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby nathan050904 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:25 pm

It's not his long term position. My guess is he starts 2007 in the minors maybe AA or AAA and ends up in Detroit later in the year.
Image
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 488
Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Postby FalcoAtL » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:27 pm

No, def. not. The only reason he was called up to the majors in Sept. was due to the fact that it was in his contract. I think they have every intention of moving him along as slowly as he needs in order to make sure he fully reaches his potential.
Image
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby shortsavage » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:45 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:The only reason he was called up to the majors in Sept. was due to the fact that it was in his contract.


I thought I corrected you on this a little while back...maybe not though.

The Tigers knew Miller could help them in the pen and put the September callup thing in his contract to try to fuel excitement and speed up negotiations. Miller and his agent didn't ask for the callup. The Tigers offered it.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2946
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: UC Davis

Postby FalcoAtL » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:48 am

shortsavage wrote:
FalcoAtL wrote:The only reason he was called up to the majors in Sept. was due to the fact that it was in his contract.


I thought I corrected you on this a little while back...maybe not though.

The Tigers knew Miller could help them in the pen and put the September callup thing in his contract to try to fuel excitement and speed up negotiations. Miller and his agent didn't ask for the callup. The Tigers offered it.


Yeah, I remembered. I never said who put it in the contract. I was merely pointing out that they didn't necessarily think he was ready for the majors.
Image
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby shortsavage » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:47 am

FalcoAtL wrote:
shortsavage wrote:
FalcoAtL wrote:The only reason he was called up to the majors in Sept. was due to the fact that it was in his contract.


I thought I corrected you on this a little while back...maybe not though.

The Tigers knew Miller could help them in the pen and put the September callup thing in his contract to try to fuel excitement and speed up negotiations. Miller and his agent didn't ask for the callup. The Tigers offered it.


Yeah, I remembered. I never said who put it in the contract. I was merely pointing out that they didn't necessarily think he was ready for the majors.


Hummm...not sure what you're getting at. I think he was ready to help the team in the majors.

But back to the topic at hand, I agree that Miller will go back to the minors to work as a starting pitcher.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2946
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: UC Davis

Postby FalcoAtL » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:35 pm

shortsavage wrote:
FalcoAtL wrote:
shortsavage wrote:
FalcoAtL wrote:The only reason he was called up to the majors in Sept. was due to the fact that it was in his contract.


I thought I corrected you on this a little while back...maybe not though.

The Tigers knew Miller could help them in the pen and put the September callup thing in his contract to try to fuel excitement and speed up negotiations. Miller and his agent didn't ask for the callup. The Tigers offered it.


Yeah, I remembered. I never said who put it in the contract. I was merely pointing out that they didn't necessarily think he was ready for the majors.


Hummm...not sure what you're getting at. I think he was ready to help the team in the majors.

But back to the topic at hand, I agree that Miller will go back to the minors to work as a starting pitcher.


Exactly what I was saying. He was not ready to help the team as a Starter.
Image
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby shortsavage » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:16 pm

Hehe, ok.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2946
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: UC Davis

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:02 pm

Miller has practically zero chance of starting in the majors. Not quite zero, because the unexpected happens and he's already on the 40 man roster, but he is not in the immediate plans for the big league club. He'll probably start off in A+ Lakeland, *maybe* AA Erie.

Lefties in the pen will be Ledezma and the guy they got in the rule 5 draft (I just can't seem to remember his name--I think it was Campusano or something like that).
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1664
Joined: 31 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Detroit, MI


Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 10:09 hours
(and 93 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact