Rays Ink Aki - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rays Ink Aki

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:07 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:I hope he works out. Sounds like a great utility player that defensively can excel at several positions, so that extra depth he adds definitely gives us some options with moving some young bats. We can move him to 2nd if Longoria has a good year this year in the minors. Hopefully this is the first smart signing in the Devil Rays franchise history. :-°

Also Reid and Longoira both can play SS, 3B, and 2B. So we could eventually have an IF of Aki, Longoira, Brignac and Cantu at 1st

Cantu does not do alot for me, maybe he will have a 2005 type year this year, and we can move him for something more worthwhile, but that all hinges on Iwamaru being able to handle the big leagues.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:13 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:I hope he works out. Sounds like a great utility player that defensively can excel at several positions, so that extra depth he adds definitely gives us some options with moving some young bats. We can move him to 2nd if Longoria has a good year this year in the minors. Hopefully this is the first smart signing in the Devil Rays franchise history. :-°

Also Reid and Longoira both can play SS, 3B, and 2B. So we could eventually have an IF of Aki, Longoira, Brignac and Cantu at 1st

Cantu does not do alot for me, maybe he will have a 2005 type year this year, and we can move him for something more worthwhile, but that all hinges on Iwamaru being able to handle the big leagues.

I think he will, Iwamura that is. I forgot, we honestly don't need Cantu, b/c we have Guzman to play 1st.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:33 pm

Nice signing but they need pitching the most (just stating the obvious) - someone to go along with Kazmir.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 57)

Postby FalcoAtL » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:40 pm

They better find a way to make that deal with the Marlins. I still don't understand how you can turn down Olsen for Baldelli.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:54 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Nice signing but they need pitching the most (just stating the obvious) - someone to go along with Kazmir.

This signing allows the Rays to move Upton or Rocco for Pitching. Aki can play 3rd and Either Rocco stays in CF or me move BJ there and Rocco is traded.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:41 pm

FalcoAtL wrote:They better find a way to make that deal with the Marlins. I still don't understand how you can turn down Olsen for Baldelli.

I don't think that offer has ever been on the table to turn down. The Marlins have been pretty adamant from my readings about not moving Olsen, and like wise the Drays have been pretty adamant about not moving Baldelli for anything less then Olsen.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:38 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
FalcoAtL wrote:They better find a way to make that deal with the Marlins. I still don't understand how you can turn down Olsen for Baldelli.

I don't think that offer has ever been on the table to turn down. The Marlins have been pretty adamant from my readings about not moving Olsen, and like wise the Drays have been pretty adamant about not moving Baldelli for anything less then Olsen.

The Orlando Sentinal reported that the Marlins were willing to deal Olsen+ a prospect, but the Rays said they wanted Olsen + another one of there young starters
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:55 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

The Orlando Sentinal reported that the Marlins were willing to deal Olsen+ a prospect, but the Rays said they wanted Olsen + another one of there young starters

Interesting, I had not heard any of that from my Durham Bulls buddy. I might have to give him a call.
raiders_umpire

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers