Giants look to 2004 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to San Francisco Giants

Giants look to 2004

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Giants look to 2004

Postby eftda » Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:16 pm

Marlins win NLDS 3 to 1 --- San Francisco Giants look to 2004

It was like a nightmear that none of the Giants bullpen could wake themselves from. Everyday dependable reliever gave up important and game deciding runs that destroyed and NLCS hopes for the Giants. Like I have always said: “If they can’t keep a lead from the 7th on --- then they don’t derive to move on”. Rodriguez, Brower, Worrel and Nathan let down the Giants, but hope is on the way for 2004. Robb Nen will be coming back to be the Giants closer, which brings up the option of letting Worrel walk. The Giants face many free agent problems. Their free agents are:

Hitters
1.Aurillia
2. Santiago
3. Eric Young
4. Galagraga
5. Bernard
6. Jose Cruz

Pitchers
1. Dustin Hermonson
2. Ponson (I think)
3. Worrell

Possible replacements are; Jose Gillen, Mike Cameron, Stewart, Palmerio, Damien Miller, and Jose Hernandez.

The Giants starters were a huge help in the season; Rookie Williams should have a great year next year, maybe a 15 game winner. Schmidt should be in the top 3 for the 2003 Cy young, and Ponson was very disappointing but he did what moss couldn’t (throw a strike).

Bonds will go for 660 starting next year and will aim for 700, but it is more likely that he will hit around 30 hr and not the 42 that he needs.

Good luck in 2004

-eftda

mlb.com wrote:Image
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:15 am

ouch...good luck...
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby LCBOY » Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:50 pm

The Giants need to decide what where they want to go in the next 5-6 years. Vlad is FA. Most of my fellow Giants fans say it is impossible to sign him. I ask, why? Why is it impossible to sign him? Wasn't signing Barry in 1992 "impossible", too? The Giants need to start thinking about life after Barry. That time is coming soon, maybe as soon as 2005. I say go after Vlad. If the Giants fail, then they fail. But they should at least try to sign him. ;-D

Sabian can build a new Giants team around Vlad...
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eftda » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:25 pm

bonds should give up 3/4 of his $ for vlad. It would bring a better chance for a ws ring
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to San Francisco Giants