Verizon = Idiots - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Verizon = Idiots

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby zepfan » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:02 pm

Coppermine wrote:
ironman wrote:My personal favorite still is the guy who tried to cancel his AOL service, and basically kept repeating "I want to cancel" over and over again while the weasel at AOL kept badgering him to reconsider.

On the bright side, the AOL guy has probably long since been laid off, like most of AOL's workforce.

I saw a clip of that guy explaining the story on CNN and he said that AOL had fired the employee who was giving him a hard time about cancelling.
The thing is, these companies TELL their employees to do everything they can to prevent the client from cancelling, including making the client want to hang up before the cancellation gets done.
So basically the guy got fired for doing what his employers told him to do.
And then AOL tries to save face by publicly announcing that they fired the guy after the video gets widespread internet attention.
I'm only figuring that's what happened since I work for a large telephone company and we do the exact same thing anytime someone wants to cancel or remove a service or feature. We will make it as difficult for you as possible and then tell you that we're trying to "help" you. It's unbelievable.
K, I'm done ranting now. :-b

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:17 pm

zepfan wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
ironman wrote:My personal favorite still is the guy who tried to cancel his AOL service, and basically kept repeating "I want to cancel" over and over again while the weasel at AOL kept badgering him to reconsider.

On the bright side, the AOL guy has probably long since been laid off, like most of AOL's workforce.

I saw a clip of that guy explaining the story on CNN and he said that AOL had fired the employee who was giving him a hard time about cancelling.
The thing is, these companies TELL their employees to do everything they can to prevent the client from cancelling, including making the client want to hang up before the cancellation gets done.
And then AOL tries to save face by publicly announcing that they fired the guy after the video gets widespread internet attention.
I'm only figuring that's what happened since I work for a large telephone company and we do the exact same thing anytime someone wants to cancel or remove a service or feature. We will make it as difficult for you as possible and then tell you that we're trying to "help" you. It's unbelievable.

Yeah, it is easier to blame tech support, customer service reps and telemarketers rather than the faceless corporations they work for, but that's effectively shooting the messenger.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:29 pm

.002 (cent sign)/KB

Not .002/cent/KB
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:40 pm

zepfan wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Is it possible to get free stuff when you do that??

Like if I call to cancel comcast can I be like I won't cancel if you give me free Cinemax for a month
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby zepfan » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:44 pm

acsguitar wrote:
zepfan wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Like if I call to cancel comcast can I be like I won't cancel if you give me free Cinemax for a month

Yeah, It's definitely one of the best ways to get some bonus features or add-ons. Especially if you have good payment history and a long tenure with the company. Also saying that you're considering a competitor's offer is good too. We'll ask for the details and try to match it.
The only thing is to be careful if you're bluffing. If you're on a contract and we see that it'll cost you couple hundred dollars to cancel we'll usually call your bluff. At that point you can either cancel or say you're gonna think about it. :-b
Either way, the squeaky wheel definitely gets the grease. Also, for the record, I don't work in that department. I don't think I could bring myself to be that stubborn. :-b

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:02 pm

zepfan wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
zepfan wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Yeah, It's definitely one of the best ways to get some bonus features or add-ons. Especially if you have good payment history and a long tenure with the company. Also saying that you're considering a competitor's offer is good too. We'll ask for the details and try to match it.
The only thing is to be careful if you're bluffing. If you're on a contract and we see that it'll cost you couple hundred dollars to cancel we'll usually call your bluff. At that point you can either cancel or say you're gonna think about it. :-b
Either way, the squeaky wheel definitely gets the grease. Also, for the record, I don't work in that department. I don't think I could bring myself to be that stubborn. :-b

Nice I was thinking about trying that method with comcast for some free skinimax!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:50 pm

acsguitar wrote:
zepfan wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
zepfan wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Nice I was thinking about trying that method with comcast for some free skinimax!

Just call 1-800-COMCAST and ask for the Retention Dept. ;-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:02 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
zepfan wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
zepfan wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Just call 1-800-COMCAST and ask for the Retention Dept. ;-)

Explain this magical department
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to General Talk