Verizon = Idiots - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Verizon = Idiots

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:29 pm

Now that I've slept (a little) on this, if I was that guy, there's no way I'd pay the bill. I'd sue them. Anyone with half a brain can figure out this simple math, and I'm sure a lawyer would jump all over a class action lawsuit here. Why is Verizon playing dumb with it? FCC sanctions? Legal trouble for false advertising and overbilling, which is racketeering (since one of the videos mentioned they are still doing it as of December 9th when they have been pointed out and made aware of how stupid they are?)? The sheer amount of money they would have to refund? The fact it would probably sink the company when the story broke about the verdict that Verizon cannot do simple math?

So what is Verizon thinking here? Combination of all of what I listed plus anything else I missed? :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:31 pm

Madison wrote:Now that I've slept (a little) on this, if I was that guy, there's no way I'd pay the bill. I'd sue them. Anyone with half a brain can figure out this simple math, and I'm sure a lawyer would jump all over a class action lawsuit here. Why is Verizon playing dumb with it? FCC sanctions? Legal trouble for false advertising and overbilling, which is racketeering (since one of the videos mentioned they are still doing it as of December 9th when they have been pointed out and made aware of how stupid they are?)? The sheer amount of money they would have to refund? The fact it would probably sink the company when the story broke about the verdict that Verizon cannot do simple math?

So what is Verizon thinking here? Combination of all of what I listed plus anything else I missed? :-?

Oh I definitely wouldn't pay. I'd sue and try to get out of my contract due to incompetence of the other company
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:37 pm

I don't know if I'd sue over $74, but I think he's doing the next best thing by making people aware of this. I'm positive that Verizon will try to save face once this is discovered circulating the Internet.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:38 pm

Coppermine wrote:I don't know if I'd sue over $74, but I think he's doing the next best thing by making people aware of this. I'm positive that Verizon will try to save face once this is discovered circulating the Internet.

I'd call again but get a math professor on the phone and PWN THEM AGAIN
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:38 pm

Oh, looks like Verizon did correct the problem:

Dear George Vaccaro,

Thank you for your reply. Again, I apologize for the miscommunications regarding this issue and for your frustration and inconvenience as a result.

In review of your account a previous representative has credited for the data charges in question for $71.79. You may take this amount off of your current amount due. In the future please keep in mind that it is .002 dollars per KB while in Canada.

It has been a pleasure assisting you today, and we appreciate your business. Have a wonderful week!

Sincerely,

Michelle
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:50 pm

Coppermine wrote:I don't know if I'd sue over $74, but I think he's doing the next best thing by making people aware of this. I'm positive that Verizon will try to save face once this is discovered circulating the Internet.

It's not so much the $74, it's the principal of the whole thing. Verizon is wrongly charging their users, and falsely advertising their prices. How many thousands of people are wrongly being overbilled? I definitely think that's worth making as public as possible. If it takes a lawsuit to get Verizon to correct the obvious problem, so be it. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:51 pm

Coppermine wrote:Oh, looks like Verizon did correct the problem:

Dear George Vaccaro,

Thank you for your reply. Again, I apologize for the miscommunications regarding this issue and for your frustration and inconvenience as a result.

In review of your account a previous representative has credited for the data charges in question for $71.79. You may take this amount off of your current amount due. In the future please keep in mind that it is .002 dollars per KB while in Canada.

It has been a pleasure assisting you today, and we appreciate your business. Have a wonderful week!

Sincerely,

Michelle
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service

Ha! Ok, nevermind then. :-b

Glad to hear they did finally fix the problem. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:23 pm

Madison wrote:

Dear George Vaccaro,

Sincerely,

Michelle
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service

Thats good stuff..hopefully those idiots got canned for being total morons.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:43 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:

Dear George Vaccaro,

Sincerely,

Michelle
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service

Probably not because the corporate cycle simply dictates that they'd be replaced by new, less-experienced idiots.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:46 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:

Dear George Vaccaro,

Sincerely,

Michelle
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service

Probably not because the corporate cycle simply dictates that they'd be replaced by new, less-experienced idiots.

Thats true but now their will probably be a 4 hour instructional video on the difference between a dollar and a cent
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk