oh, well, there's always next year... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

oh, well, there's always next year...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:07 am

The Met's may actually reach .500 this year, but I think the Mets will be competing for a playoff spot in 2006.

C - Justin Huber - .280 AVG and 20 HR
1B - Craig Brazell - Should be good for 25-35 HR. Derrek Lee numbers without the steals.
2B - Jose Reyes
SS- Kaz Matsui
3B - David Wright - Tearing up the AFL (projects to be like Scott Rolen, 25-30 HR and 10 SB)
OF - Lastings Milledge - 5 tool stud
Since the rest of the line-up is nice and cheap the Mets may go out and get two high priced stud OF, Mr. Carlos Beltran. Paging Carlos Beltran in Kansas City

Another good bench player or trade fodder: Aaron Baldris,

SP - Scott Kazmir
SP - Matt Peterson - (BA says "Peterson has a chance to be a No. 2 starter if he puts everything together. ")
SP - Aaron Heilamn
SP - Bob Keppel ( Solid yet unspectacular pitcher in AA. He won't get the K's but he's effective. Think Steve Trachsel, but a more consistent)
SP - Jeremy Griffiths (In 2006, he'll be 29, but should be a solid No. 4 or 5 starter)

Other contenders: Pat Strange, Jaime Cerda

In essence, there are a bunch of very solid major league players coming through the system. If the Mets don't waste all their money on big contracts in the next year or two, 2006 could be a big surprise year with a bunch of young players.
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby DK » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:43 pm

Anonymous wrote:The Met's may actually reach .500 this year, but I think the Mets will be competing for a playoff spot in 2006.

C - Justin Huber - .280 AVG and 20 HR
1B - Craig Brazell - Should be good for 25-35 HR. Derrek Lee numbers without the steals.
2B - Jose Reyes
SS- Kaz Matsui
3B - David Wright - Tearing up the AFL (projects to be like Scott Rolen, 25-30 HR and 10 SB)
OF - Lastings Milledge - 5 tool stud
Since the rest of the line-up is nice and cheap the Mets may go out and get two high priced stud OF, Mr. Carlos Beltran. Paging Carlos Beltran in Kansas City

Another good bench player or trade fodder: Aaron Baldris,

SP - Scott Kazmir
SP - Matt Peterson - (BA says "Peterson has a chance to be a No. 2 starter if he puts everything together. ")
SP - Aaron Heilamn
SP - Bob Keppel ( Solid yet unspectacular pitcher in AA. He won't get the K's but he's effective. Think Steve Trachsel, but a more consistent)
SP - Jeremy Griffiths (In 2006, he'll be 29, but should be a solid No. 4 or 5 starter)

Other contenders: Pat Strange, Jaime Cerda

In essence, there are a bunch of very solid major league players coming through the system. If the Mets don't waste all their money on big contracts in the next year or two, 2006 could be a big surprise year with a bunch of young players.


Nice Post! ;D

Griffiths looks like a number 2 or 3 starter. He's got all the tools. I'm not sold on Brazell yet, but I could be soon.
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:09 pm

Anonymous wrote:The Met's may actually reach .500 this year, but I think the Mets will be competing for a playoff spot in 2006.

C - Justin Huber - .280 AVG and 20 HR
1B - Craig Brazell - Should be good for 25-35 HR. Derrek Lee numbers without the steals.
2B - Jose Reyes
SS- Kaz Matsui
3B - David Wright - Tearing up the AFL (projects to be like Scott Rolen, 25-30 HR and 10 SB)
OF - Lastings Milledge - 5 tool stud
Since the rest of the line-up is nice and cheap the Mets may go out and get two high priced stud OF, Mr. Carlos Beltran. Paging Carlos Beltran in Kansas City

Another good bench player or trade fodder: Aaron Baldris,

SP - Scott Kazmir
SP - Matt Peterson - (BA says "Peterson has a chance to be a No. 2 starter if he puts everything together. ")
SP - Aaron Heilamn
SP - Bob Keppel ( Solid yet unspectacular pitcher in AA. He won't get the K's but he's effective. Think Steve Trachsel, but a more consistent)
SP - Jeremy Griffiths (In 2006, he'll be 29, but should be a solid No. 4 or 5 starter)

Other contenders: Pat Strange, Jaime Cerda

In essence, there are a bunch of very solid major league players coming through the system. If the Mets don't waste all their money on big contracts in the next year or two, 2006 could be a big surprise year with a bunch of young players.


Thats wonderful ..... Now what they will really look like in 2006 ..

LOL

C ... Phillips 5 Mill
1B .. Piazza 14 mill per
2B .. Reyes 20 mill (I want AROD money)
SS .. Matsui 5 milll
3B .. Hillenbrand 15 mill per
OF .. Floyd .. 12 mill
OF .. Sanders .. 9 mill
OF .. Drew .. 19 mill (Boras ya know)

Starters.
1 ..Maddux 15 mill (boras again)
2 ..Millwood ... 13 mill(Guess who?)
3 ..Glavine .. 14 Mill
4 ..Wells .. 8 mill
5 .. Kazmir .. 14 mill with a 4.58 era.
Relievers
1 .. Franco
2 .. Francos son
3 .. Francos grandson ...
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 641)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joshheines » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:50 am

And the Mets aren't capable of crafting their farm system? Kazmir, Wright, Huber, Milledge are all absolutely untouchable. Not for A-Rod unless Texas takes some of the salary. Much like your beloved Padres, the Mets are crafting their system well. The Wilpons know they have a good farm system and the Mets will be a VERY GOOD team from 2006-2010.
joshheines
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 535
Joined: 29 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:26 am

joshheines wrote:And the Mets aren't capable of crafting their farm system? Kazmir, Wright, Huber, Milledge are all absolutely untouchable. Not for A-Rod unless Texas takes some of the salary. Much like your beloved Padres, the Mets are crafting their system well. The Wilpons know they have a good farm system and the Mets will be a VERY GOOD team from 2006-2010.


I hope soo ... I really do ... I love it when the kids succeed ... even the NYM kids ... ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 641)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Broncmet724 » Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:33 pm

Umm, I would really like to see an OF of Cameron, Floyd, and Cruz Jr for a season or 2. Very, very defense on the team, lacking a bit offensively but it should be exciting.
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1754
Joined: 8 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On the outside looking in

Postby DK » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:11 pm

Broncmet724 wrote:Umm, I would really like to see an OF of Cameron, Floyd, and Cruz Jr for a season or 2. Very, very defense on the team, lacking a bit offensively but it should be exciting.


2/3 of the way home. :-b Well, now that Cameron is here, we can kiss Beltran goodbye...

1.Reyes
2.Matsui
3.Piazza
4.Floyd
5.Cameron
6.Phillips
7.Wigginton
8.Timo? Another FA?
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:42 am

Well, I agree with you DK. I like that lineup. I would like another OF, but I can understand if that's not in the budget. Toss in another SP or two and we're the team to beat. It's looking good.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5000
Joined: 6 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Not here.

Postby wrveres » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:58 am

doesn't it bother anybody that this thread is titled .. and its the most popular in here too 8-o

"Ow well wait till next year" LOL

have the Mets fans lost all there pride ? :-° LMAO :-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 641)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby L0rdB23 » Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:47 am

met fans are all about pride.. thats why we think we have a chance even tho we upgraded 2 outta the 5 spots we needed .. lol .. i hope they get williamson i think he could be a good closer if he stays healthy and doesnt have to worry about going from the pen to starter to being traded.. i also hear we might sign payton back to play right.. i think that wouldnt be terrible.. it looks like he matured alot in colorado .. even on the road and was able to stay healthy so maybe since we wont be sticking him in center he will be able to produce for us second time around
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 591
Joined: 19 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Williston Park, NY

PreviousNext

Return to New York Mets

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 9:18 hours
(and 91 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact