I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mcqfesijiba » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:21 pm

Mugrila wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:I don't see any logic at all behind this. Broussard was conceivably the DH before this, and is Vidro better? The only way I understand this is if Beltre is going bye-bye, Lopez is moving to 3B, and they have a hole at 2B. I hate Bavasi. :-t :-P

If he keeps this up he'll be a more hated man than Matt Millen.

:-C
Who's this Millen guy you speak of? Haha
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:21 pm

This hands down has to be one of the dumbest moves I've seen in a while.The Yanks offered the M's Pavano($22M) for Sexson($28M) and Bavasi passed.With the money he would have saved by dealing Sexson,he could've put it towards signing Marcus Giles and saved the $24M-$27M he gave Batista.I would rather have Pavano,M.Giles and some combination of Broussard/? at 1st than Sexson/Vidro/Batista. Just terrible.
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Cow » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:04 am

StarsNPinstripes wrote:This hands down has to be one of the dumbest moves I've seen in a while.The Yanks offered the M's Pavano($22M) for Sexson($28M) and Bavasi passed.With the money he would have saved by dealing Sexson,he could've put it towards signing Marcus Giles and saved the $24M-$27M he gave Batista.I would rather have Pavano,M.Giles and some combination of Broussard/? at 1st than Sexson/Vidro/Batista. Just terrible.

You really don't want Pavano. Either way you listed a whole lot of mediocre to bad baseball players. The best one Giles, naturally will not be a Mariner next year. I really think the M's should hire me as G.M. or heck just about anyone in this cafe for that matter.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Cow » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:58 pm

Maybe the plan is Lopez to SS and Vidro to 2B which would send Betancourt to the bench. I don't know if Lopez can play SS, but this way they should get more offense. Still a bone head trade, but maybe this is the plan.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:33 pm

The Cow wrote:Maybe the plan is Lopez to SS and Vidro to 2B which would send Betancourt to the bench. I don't know if Lopez can play SS, but this way they should get more offense. Still a bone head trade, but maybe this is the plan.

The Cow

Lopez had an OPS of .723. Betancourt had an OPS of .713. And the differences in Runs/RBIs can essentially be explained by their spots in the batting order. Plus Betancourt has an above average glove at SS and I would not want to see Lopez playing short on an everyday basis.

Vidro was acquired to apparently be the DH. Why you'd want a 2B with a .700ish OPS as your DH is beyond me. :-P :-P
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers