Miami in Ohio? wrote:But I would guess Clemens will be in Boston to finish his career, exactly where he began it." ... From the Globe's Gordon Edes
John Henry confirmed that the Sox are flying back to Boston with Daisuke Matsuzaka and agent Scott Boras on board. “You can assume that a deal is done or close."
So would that mean..
Papelbon / Wakefield
That is insane....do you agree?
I don't think Clemens is coming back to Boston so the rotation is:
1. Schilling- getting old not as dominant as in the past
2. Matsuzaka- I don't know what to think of this guy, lets give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is a strong #2.
3. Beckett- Who knows what to expect from this guy was disappointing last year.
4. Papelbon- Is he going to healthy? If healthy he won't be as dominant a starter as a closer IMO
5. Wakefield- solid #5
Lets see how that stacks up with the Tribe's rotation:
1. C.C.- I will take C.C. over Schilling easily
2. Westbrook- I will take Matsuzaka here
3. C. Lee- I will call the Beckett/Lee matchup a push
4. Sowers- Both Sowers and Papelbon have bright futures in fairness Papelbon has the potential to be dominant whereas Sowers is more like a Glavine. Given Papelbon's recent injury history I have to call this a push. If both were healthy then Papelbon gets the nod, but as of right now he is questionable.
5. Byrd- Byrd or Wakefield its a toss-up. Both make solid #5's, a push.
I think both starting rotations are very good, the Tribe's has less injury concerns and Boston's has the potential to be more dominant. Just letting you know that there are other teams with very good rotations out there.
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!