Proxy Servers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Proxy Servers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:13 pm

Does anyone else here cook hot dogs in the toaster? I do. Try it.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:28 pm

Coppermine wrote:Does anyone else here cook hot dogs in the toaster? I do. Try it.


I cook veggie corn dogs in the toaster its good
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Amazinz » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:50 pm

Isn't it dangerous to use a toaster while wearing a tinfoil hat? :-D
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Re: Proxy Servers

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:15 pm

bronxxbomber wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:On Yahoo sports there's this thing where you can watch a few hockey games a week on the site, the only thing is that you have to be in the US for you to be able to. So I heard that you could use Proxy Servers for this. Has anyone ever used them before? If so, this doesn't screw up your computer in any way does it? Help is appreciated.. ;-D
Sounds a little fishy. Not saying that it's infringement or anything, but and ISP wound terminate service for something like that. Keep that in mind.


So if they caught me doing this they would close down my account or something? :-? Then my fantasy teams are pretty much done?

One more question, if I do use a proxy server, after I'm finished with it how could I change it back? Do I just click on "Direct Connection to the Internet", on firefox and it just goes back to normal?
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8769
(Past Year: 407)
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Proxy Servers

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:51 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:On Yahoo sports there's this thing where you can watch a few hockey games a week on the site, the only thing is that you have to be in the US for you to be able to. So I heard that you could use Proxy Servers for this. Has anyone ever used them before? If so, this doesn't screw up your computer in any way does it? Help is appreciated.. ;-D
Sounds a little fishy. Not saying that it's infringement or anything, but and ISP wound terminate service for something like that. Keep that in mind.


So if they caught me doing this they would close down my account or something? :-? Then my fantasy teams are pretty much done?

One more question, if I do use a proxy server, after I'm finished with it how could I change it back? Do I just click on "Direct Connection to the Internet", on firefox and it just goes back to normal?

There's nothing for them to catch. Don't be paranoid about using it, just don't come here with it because I was told it's against the rules. And for your second question, yes.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:00 am

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I do think the idea of identity on the Internet is going to be a very interesting topic in the years ahead. It isn't just going to be the U.S. either IMHO. As our society (and the rest of the world) becomes more and more reliant on and integrated with the Internet the need for accountability is going to increase. I have no idea how it's going to get done but it will get done at some point. Necessity is the mother of invention.


Agreed. Accountablility. People being responsible for what they do on the net. That will happen. Anyone who thinks the current anarchy on the net will continue, is sadly mistaken. There are several ways to get started on the whole process, but it will be interesting to see which way the government(s) accomplish it.


Why should the government control the net! It hurts no one..you can't victimize people on the net barely at all


Got room in that dreamworld of yours for one more person?

How about a really simple one?

How about all the spammers we've had lately? Using our resources, that we pay for, to spam our members. Sure would be nice to be able to send them a bill. Oh, but wait, that kind of thing is just fine and dandy. Who cares that we pay a server bill and bandwidth bill every month? People should just be allowed to chew up that bandwidth to spam our members without being held responsible for that. Anarchy is so much better. ;-7

Oh, and where did I say anything about the government controlling the net? I said there need to be things in place to make people be responsible for their actions. Big difference in the two. Could be as easy as assigning a permanent IP to each home. At which point, any illegal activity (pedophiles) or problem causing (spammers) can be taken care of nice and easy. B-)

I've never once said the government should control what goes on the net and what doesn't, but measures to hold people accountable for their actions do need to be in place....and they will be in the future.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:19 am

Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I do think the idea of identity on the Internet is going to be a very interesting topic in the years ahead. It isn't just going to be the U.S. either IMHO. As our society (and the rest of the world) becomes more and more reliant on and integrated with the Internet the need for accountability is going to increase. I have no idea how it's going to get done but it will get done at some point. Necessity is the mother of invention.


Agreed. Accountablility. People being responsible for what they do on the net. That will happen. Anyone who thinks the current anarchy on the net will continue, is sadly mistaken. There are several ways to get started on the whole process, but it will be interesting to see which way the government(s) accomplish it.


Why should the government control the net! It hurts no one..you can't victimize people on the net barely at all


Got room in that dreamworld of yours for one more person?

How about a really simple one?

How about all the spammers we've had lately? Using our resources, that we pay for, to spam our members. Sure would be nice to be able to send them a bill. Oh, but wait, that kind of thing is just fine and dandy. Who cares that we pay a server bill and bandwidth bill every month? People should just be allowed to chew up that bandwidth to spam our members without being held responsible for that.


The day a personal handing out porn in Vegas, or the day people can't walk up to you and try to sell you something, is the day your authoritarian paradigm causes spammers to be punished by the law.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1536
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: 6 feet under

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:20 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I do think the idea of identity on the Internet is going to be a very interesting topic in the years ahead. It isn't just going to be the U.S. either IMHO. As our society (and the rest of the world) becomes more and more reliant on and integrated with the Internet the need for accountability is going to increase. I have no idea how it's going to get done but it will get done at some point. Necessity is the mother of invention.


Agreed. Accountablility. People being responsible for what they do on the net. That will happen. Anyone who thinks the current anarchy on the net will continue, is sadly mistaken. There are several ways to get started on the whole process, but it will be interesting to see which way the government(s) accomplish it.


Why should the government control the net! It hurts no one..you can't victimize people on the net barely at all


Got room in that dreamworld of yours for one more person?

How about a really simple one?

How about all the spammers we've had lately? Using our resources, that we pay for, to spam our members. Sure would be nice to be able to send them a bill. Oh, but wait, that kind of thing is just fine and dandy. Who cares that we pay a server bill and bandwidth bill every month? People should just be allowed to chew up that bandwidth to spam our members without being held responsible for that.


The day a personal handing out porn in Vegas, or the day people can't walk up to you and try to sell you something, is the day your authoritarian paradigm causes spammers to be punished by the law.


Who said punish the spammers by law? Wanting to be rid of them is considered punishing? We have a "no call list" and the ability to have unlisted phone numbers to put an end to unwanted telemarketing calls. The post office won't deliver "junk mail" to your address if you fill out the forms to stop that from happening. We have spam filters and the ability to block spammers in our emails.

Why is wanting to be able to get rid of spammers once and for all on a message board such a big deal for you, and why do you feel I am wrong for being happy that it will come true at some point? :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Coppermine » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:27 pm

Madison wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I do think the idea of identity on the Internet is going to be a very interesting topic in the years ahead. It isn't just going to be the U.S. either IMHO. As our society (and the rest of the world) becomes more and more reliant on and integrated with the Internet the need for accountability is going to increase. I have no idea how it's going to get done but it will get done at some point. Necessity is the mother of invention.


Agreed. Accountablility. People being responsible for what they do on the net. That will happen. Anyone who thinks the current anarchy on the net will continue, is sadly mistaken. There are several ways to get started on the whole process, but it will be interesting to see which way the government(s) accomplish it.


Why should the government control the net! It hurts no one..you can't victimize people on the net barely at all


Got room in that dreamworld of yours for one more person?

How about a really simple one?

How about all the spammers we've had lately? Using our resources, that we pay for, to spam our members. Sure would be nice to be able to send them a bill. Oh, but wait, that kind of thing is just fine and dandy. Who cares that we pay a server bill and bandwidth bill every month? People should just be allowed to chew up that bandwidth to spam our members without being held responsible for that.


The day a personal handing out porn in Vegas, or the day people can't walk up to you and try to sell you something, is the day your authoritarian paradigm causes spammers to be punished by the law.


Who said punish the spammers by law? Wanting to be rid of them is considered punishing? We have a "no call list" and the ability to have unlisted phone numbers to put an end to unwanted telemarketing calls. The post office won't deliver "junk mail" to your address if you fill out the forms to stop that from happening. We have spam filters and the ability to block spammers in our emails.

Why is wanting to be able to get rid of spammers once and for all on a message board such a big deal for you, and why do you feel I am wrong for being happy that it will come true at some point? :-?


Well, you can't really get rid of spammers because most of them certainly aren't legitimate companies as most telemarketers are from. That said, the "no call list" didn't eliminate telemarketing either. I think spam blocking, internet security and encryption will become more and more powerful and help filter most of the "junk" out, and I don't disagree with that. But, just like punk losers who create viruses for fun, spammers will always find some way to get through.

It's just one of the relatively few negative side effects to the Internet, arguably one of the most powerful tools on Earth.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Re: Proxy Servers

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:28 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:On Yahoo sports there's this thing where you can watch a few hockey games a week on the site, the only thing is that you have to be in the US for you to be able to. So I heard that you could use Proxy Servers for this. Has anyone ever used them before? If so, this doesn't screw up your computer in any way does it? Help is appreciated.. ;-D
Sounds a little fishy. Not saying that it's infringement or anything, but and ISP wound terminate service for something like that. Keep that in mind.


So if they caught me doing this they would close down my account or something? :-? Then my fantasy teams are pretty much done?

One more question, if I do use a proxy server, after I'm finished with it how could I change it back? Do I just click on "Direct Connection to the Internet", on firefox and it just goes back to normal?


They aren't going to catch you...I would maybee make another account if you are that paranoid about it
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Apr. 19
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(1:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Cincinnati
(1:08 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(2:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(2:20 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Miami
(4:05 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at NY Mets
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(7:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(8:05 pm)
Arizona at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(8:40 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact