Proxy Servers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Proxy Servers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Proxy Servers

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:16 pm

On Yahoo sports there's this thing where you can watch a few hockey games a week on the site, the only thing is that you have to be in the US for you to be able to. So I heard that you could use Proxy Servers for this. Has anyone ever used them before? If so, this doesn't screw up your computer in any way does it? Help is appreciated.. ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Proxy Servers

Postby acsguitar » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:26 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:On Yahoo sports there's this thing where you can watch a few hockey games a week on the site, the only thing is that you have to be in the US for you to be able to. So I heard that you could use Proxy Servers for this. Has anyone ever used them before? If so, this doesn't screw up your computer in any way does it? Help is appreciated.. ;-D

its not gonna screw up your computer I can tell you that. You are just connecting to server A instead of B
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:00 pm

One of my first ever posts here was deleted because I posted a link to a proxy server for someone asking for a way to get around an office block. :*)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bronxxbomber » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:01 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:On Yahoo sports there's this thing where you can watch a few hockey games a week on the site, the only thing is that you have to be in the US for you to be able to. So I heard that you could use Proxy Servers for this. Has anyone ever used them before? If so, this doesn't screw up your computer in any way does it? Help is appreciated.. ;-D
Sounds a little fishy. Not saying that it's infringement or anything, but and ISP wound terminate service for something like that. Keep that in mind.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:12 pm

bronxxbomber wrote:
Sounds a little fishy. Not saying that it's infringement or anything, but and ISP wound terminate service for something like that. Keep that in mind.

What do you exactly mean by that?

I thought that this might put me in a bit of a situation. But I don't really know about how serious it is. I'm pretty bad with these sort of things, which is the reason why I posted this in the first place. :-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:06 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:

I thought that this might put me in a bit of a situation. But I don't really know about how serious it is. I'm pretty bad with these sort of things, which is the reason why I posted this in the first place. :-D

An ISP won't do anything! No way no how...there is nothing wrong with using a proxy server at all!!!

NOTHING
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:22 pm

acsguitar wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:

An ISP won't do anything! No way no how...there is nothing wrong with using a proxy server at all!!!

NOTHING

Yeah, this is part of the reason why maintaining net neutrality is so important.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:34 am

acsguitar wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:

NOTHING

It's not illegal.......yet. Most likely will be down the line though, as the government is going to have no choice. There has to be a way to make people accountable for their actions. Pedophiles, online gambling, etc, etc, etc. Won't surprise me at all to see some major changes on the net in the future.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:48 am

Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:

NOTHING

It's not illegal.......yet. Most likely will be down the line though, as the government is going to have no choice. There has to be a way to make people accountable for their actions. Pedophiles, online gambling, etc, etc, etc. Won't surprise me at all to see some major changes on the net in the future.

Proxy's won't be illegal..they are perfectly fine to use and the fact is its more secure then using your nomal internet providers servers.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:38 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:

NOTHING

Proxy's won't be illegal..they are perfectly fine to use and the fact is its more secure then using your nomal internet providers servers.

Most businesses, from large corporations to small businesses use proxy servers for security purposes. It would be impossible to "police" the internet in a way that would allow some proxies while making others illegal. The costs and legislation involved would be insurmountable.

The Internet is globals and free; the United States could not regulate proxy servers without severely crippling Information Technology in general.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk