Loewen vs. Hochevar - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Loewen vs. Hochevar

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Loewen vs. Hochevar

Postby quiksilver » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:46 pm

In a deep 18 team keeper league with major league and minor league rosters. I've got an offer of my Loewen for his Hochevar. I'd like some opinions. Talent wise I've heard more good things about Hochevar than I have about Loewen, however there's also the fact that Loewen already has major-league experience, something that Hochevar doesn't have yet. Another consideration is their teams - neither team is very good but I think Loewen will get more run support than Hochevar will muster in KC.

Thoughts? Much appreciated...(Didn't post lineup because it's a straight SP for SP swap, but if you think it would help with your decision I can post it. It's roto with standard pitching categories + holds, which don't really apply to either of these pitchers).

EDIT: Scusi, this might be better suited for the trade forum - but I figured the people knowledgeable about minor leaguers probably reside here in this forum.
quiksilver
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nathan050904 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:54 pm

I am not that excited about either but, Hochevar has tremendous upside and I don't think Loewen's upside is as big. Loewen struggles with command. I don't see him ever becoming a #1 starter. I see him more as a low-end #2 high end #3. Hochevar has the potential to be a #1 starter my guess is he'll end up between a solid #2 and low-end #1. Hochevar was the #1 pick but, I don't think he was the top pitcher of that draft. I would've taken Andrew Miller and possibly even Clayton Kershaw before him. However, back to your question I think if you want upside go with Hochevar based on upside as well as the fact that there's a good chance he'll be up some time this year.
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Minor League & College Baseball