What are you getting your spouse for Christmas? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What are you getting your spouse for Christmas?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:51 am

Phatferd wrote:I was just curious what people thought about what I did.

There is this girl I am dating, we aren't in a relationship, but we go out like 3-4 times a week. It's been about a month.

Anyways, I wasn't expecting to get her anything because we aren't together and it hasn't been that long. About a week before Xmas I get a text message from her saying, "Hi Handsome (What can I say), what do you want for Christmas?"

I am at the bar with my buddy when I get this and I was a little freaked out, but in a way stoked because I like this girl and it's a positive sign. At least she asked me because if she just got me something and I didn't then I'm what you call screwed.

To my point. We went out to a restaurant a couple weeks ago and right next door is the Improv. She mentioned how she has never been and everyone tells her how much fun it is and she'd love it. So I went back down there and got gift cards for the amount it costs for 2 people to go to a show.

My thinking is this. It used thought, so that will score me points. I remembered something about HER, which is gold. Plus, it's a date so I would probably spend that money anyway. I see it as a can't lose.

My point for this was to basically show some of the guys my age (seems like a lot) on this site to use this in the future.

And what if she uses the 2 tix and takes someone else?? 8-o :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phatferd » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:54 am

Lofunzo wrote:

There is this girl I am dating, we aren't in a relationship, but we go out like 3-4 times a week. It's been about a month.

Anyways, I wasn't expecting to get her anything because we aren't together and it hasn't been that long. About a week before Xmas I get a text message from her saying, "Hi Handsome (What can I say), what do you want for Christmas?"

I am at the bar with my buddy when I get this and I was a little freaked out, but in a way stoked because I like this girl and it's a positive sign. At least she asked me because if she just got me something and I didn't then I'm what you call screwed.

To my point. We went out to a restaurant a couple weeks ago and right next door is the Improv. She mentioned how she has never been and everyone tells her how much fun it is and she'd love it. So I went back down there and got gift cards for the amount it costs for 2 people to go to a show.

My thinking is this. It used thought, so that will score me points. I remembered something about HER, which is gold. Plus, it's a date so I would probably spend that money anyway. I see it as a can't lose.

My point for this was to basically show some of the guys my age (seems like a lot) on this site to use this in the future.

Then I say $40 bucks is a cheap way of figuring out I shouldn't waste my time or money. A date is at least $40, so I figure I would have spent it either way. This way I used it towards a gift and really saved myself $40 or its a $40 investment I would have made at least one more time.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cordscords » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:55 am

nice ;-D
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:57 am

Phatferd wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

Then I say $40 bucks is a cheap way of figuring out I shouldn't waste my time or money. A date is at least $40, so I figure I would have spent it either way. This way I used it towards a gift and really saved myself $40 or its a $40 investment I would have made at least one more time.

OMG!! If I didn't know better, I'd think that all of the advice is sinking in. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:57 am

yeah i think its a pretty good idea...ive given eagles tickets as a gift before, just as ive received tickets as a gift before, and its just a given that you go with whoever gives them to you, unless they specificly tell you to take someone else or they cant make it... ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:06 am

Agreed. Nice move Phatferd. ;-D

I got my wife some piddly stuff, but the big thing was an 80 gig Ipod. She wanted the 30 gig version, but buying the 30 gig for $249 instead of the 80 gig for $349 seemed a bit silly to me, so I bought the 80 gig version, and yes, I got the black one which is the color she wanted. Anyway, I made sure Christmas morning that I went downstairs after her, so I could make the bed and place the wrapped Ipod on the center of it. I came downstairs and we watched our rugrat tear through everything, and opened our gifts as well. Once all of that was done, we cleaned up and then got ready to go see the relatives. Of course, I stalled and let her go upstairs first. Needless to say she was shocked and surprised, so I couldn't have scripted it any better. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:51 pm

1. Cut a hole in a box
2. Put your junk in that box
3. Make her open the box

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmVU08zVpA

Almost as good as "Lazy Sunday"
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:04 am

I went w/ the 80 GB video iPod as well. I also got a bit crafty w/ the delivery as I generally get MrsAcidRock a piece of this Polish Pottery of which she is fond and I kind of figure that she figured out what that was but I put the iPod in the middle of the plate and stuffed the box w/ tissue so it wouldn't clunk around.

I wasn't sure if it would be a huge hit or not but she's constantly playing w/ it so I think that it was a winner...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:53 am

Coppermine wrote:1. Cut a hole in a box
3. Make her open the box

The wife sent that video to me the other day. The 'instructions' you noted are hilarious. :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:25 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:1. Cut a hole in a box
3. Make her open the box

The wife sent that video to me the other day. The 'instructions' you noted are hilarious. :-b

Here's a helpful diagram:

If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk