What are you getting your spouse for Christmas? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What are you getting your spouse for Christmas?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:14 pm

Yoda wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Yoda wrote:So... I just got my Xmas presents for my wife.

1. Ipod Nano
2. Nano arm band
3. Nike+Ipod
4. Shoe wallet for sensor
5. New Balance running shoes

She will be very happy and I will be happy that she is in shape. ;-D

What's Nikes+Ipod?

I'm not particularly athletic anymore (played baseball in HS, but since then not much) but I did join the company dodgeball team... there may be a thread forthcoming about that.

It is a transmitter that goes in your shoe and communicates with your Ipod. You can track your time, speed, etc and it will download info onto your Itunes. Pretty neat stuff and I've heard nothing but good things about it and my wife really wants one.

That seems like it would be pretty awesome if you're a runner or walker or someone who likes outdoor activities.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:20 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

1. Ipod Nano
2. Nano arm band
3. Nike+Ipod

What's Nikes+Ipod?

I'm not particularly athletic anymore (played baseball in HS, but since then not much) but I did join the company dodgeball team... there may be a thread forthcoming about that.

It is a transmitter that goes in your shoe and communicates with your Ipod. You can track your time, speed, etc and it will download info onto your Itunes. Pretty neat stuff and I've heard nothing but good things about it and my wife really wants one.

That seems like it would be pretty awesome if you're a runner or walker or someone who likes outdoor activities.

Yep... read more about it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Nike-%2B-iPod-Spo ... lectronics
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:30 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

1. Ipod Nano
2. Nano arm band
3. Nike+Ipod

What's Nikes+Ipod?

I saw a tech report on it.

The Nike+IPOD thing has a mac address and can be traced with wireless internet. So if someone wants to know where your wife is at all time they can track her via software that picks up her location when she checks into a wireless zone by justing passing by it.

Pretty creepy.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:33 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

1. Ipod Nano
2. Nano arm band
3. Nike+Ipod

What's Nikes+Ipod?

I saw a tech report on it.

The Nike+IPOD thing has a mac address and can be traced with wireless internet. So if someone wants to know where your wife is at all time they can track her via software that picks up her location when she checks into a wireless zone by justing passing by it.

Pretty creepy.

I'm sure that you have to be in range with the transmitter. Plus we live in a pretty safe neighborhood.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:18 am

Yoda wrote:
WebHamster wrote:Some gourmet pellets and a new wheel...

She's put on a bit of weight this year. :-°

Nice... is it gold plated?

Platinum. I get paid by the post. }:-) :-)
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 569)

Re: Wrong Forum!

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:05 am

WebHamster wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Ah, good old piecework. But what good is it to buy a platinum-plated wheel if you're only paid in pellets?

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby soxfan364 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:46 am

I'm getting my wife

1. Necklace
2. Gift certificate
3. A Mom's organzing calendar (wish me luck w/this one!!)
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:58 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
WebHamster wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Ah, good old piecework. But what good is it to buy a platinum-plated wheel if you're only paid in pellets?

Duh! Like I can't cash in my extra pellets at the old Hammy Pawn Shop. :-)

You've got a lot to learn about the Hamster lifestyle, my friend. :-°
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 569)

Postby Sticky Spice » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:16 am

We spent about $4k on computers earlier this year and said that was our Xmas present to each other.

Then I bought her a shelf stereo for the dining room while she's in the kitchen and she said that was her present. Then I bought about $300 worth of baking supplies and she said that was her present.

Then she spent the couple hundred we had put aside to spend on each other all on me so all I have for her is a bunch of cutesy stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Happy-Kitty-Bunny-Pony-Saccharine/dp/0810992000/sr=8-1/qid=1166328818/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-8228955-4845447?ie=UTF8&s=books

I still have never got her that KitchenAid Artisan Mixer, nor am I getting her some panini-maker thing. I might get a pizza stone, Trivial Pursuit Totally 80's, and Chia Herb Garden (her idea).

Got her a pink straw cowgirl hat last year, but she never wore it for me :,-(
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)

Postby Phatferd » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:34 pm

I was just curious what people thought about what I did.

There is this girl I am dating, we aren't in a relationship, but we go out like 3-4 times a week. It's been about a month.

Anyways, I wasn't expecting to get her anything because we aren't together and it hasn't been that long. About a week before Xmas I get a text message from her saying, "Hi Handsome (What can I say), what do you want for Christmas?"

I am at the bar with my buddy when I get this and I was a little freaked out, but in a way stoked because I like this girl and it's a positive sign. At least she asked me because if she just got me something and I didn't then I'm what you call screwed.

To my point. We went out to a restaurant a couple weeks ago and right next door is the Improv. She mentioned how she has never been and everyone tells her how much fun it is and she'd love it. So I went back down there and got gift cards for the amount it costs for 2 people to go to a show.

My thinking is this. It used thought, so that will score me points. I remembered something about HER, which is gold. Plus, it's a date so I would probably spend that money anyway. I see it as a can't lose.

My point for this was to basically show some of the guys my age (seems like a lot) on this site to use this in the future.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk