Miami Vice=Miami Garbage.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Miami Vice=Miami Garbage....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Miami Vice=Miami Garbage....

Postby SkeetNation » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:04 pm

I intended to see this one in the theater, but the weekends passed and I eventually added it to my netflix list, watched it last week, and talk about 3 hours of my life I am not getting back.

Michael Mann is a great director and in typical Mann fashion most shots are beautiful or just plain shot well, but everything else about this movie was horrible.

Jamie Foxx was decent as Tubbs, but Colin Farrel owes Don Johnson an apology. His accent was junk, and someone decided it would be believeable that a chinese woman would be affiliated with Colombian drug cartel kingpins.

The plot was very slow to (I guess) lend to the realism, but if they wanted to do a film like Heat, with the emphasis on real they shouldn't of done it as a take off of Miami Vice. With Foxx and Farrell as the 2 leads, and the type of show they were basing it on, they would of been better off making a movie like Bad Boys.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
SkeetNation
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:28 am

Yeah, I think I mentioned this in another thread that it sucked. Rugby gave it an 8. 8-o
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:35 am

Notice though how they never say "From the director who brought you Ali..."
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RugbyD » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:02 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Yeah, I think I mentioned this in another thread that it sucked. Rugby gave it an 8. 8-o

i think one reason why i liked it more than you guys is that i was OK with it representing the original Vice mostly in name only. you could have put any name on this movie and it would have worked fine, but to have limited Vice overtones gave it the extra oomph to create a satisfying familiarity without being locked into the constraints of replicating the TV show and the era it was conceived in. I am a big fan of Mann as his style and I think it fot the movie very well.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Return to General Talk