Rangers Land Gagne - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rangers Land Gagne

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:51 pm

Its a risky decision and considering the Rangers aren't gonna make the playoffs anyways I'm not sure if its worth it
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BritSox » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:54 pm

acsguitar wrote:Its a risky decision and considering the Rangers aren't gonna make the playoffs anyways I'm not sure if its worth it

Well, considering the Rangers definitely aren't going to make the playoffs anyway, and we know this before the season begins, why bother with any players at all? Why not run out nine of Hick's pals? Nine Longhorn Cattle?
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby suppasonic » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:58 pm

BritSox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Its a risky decision and considering the Rangers aren't gonna make the playoffs anyways I'm not sure if its worth it

Well, considering the Rangers definitely aren't going to make the playoffs anyway, and we know this before the season begins, why bother with any players at all? Why not run out nine of Hick's pals? Nine Longhorn Cattle?

You cant start a Longhorn Cattle at SS. They have terrible gloves. RF, maybe, but you need at least, say, Michael Young, at SS.
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby acsguitar » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:04 pm

BritSox wrote:

Well why not spend the money on a player to build upon like a SP

I don't think its a bad trade just not sure if its the right team especially with Akinori
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Yoda » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:07 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Yoda wrote:Wow, is there anyone that has made as much money as Gagne based on one ridiculously good season?
To be fair he had 3 very good years.

Yeah he did put up 3 very good seasons and I forgot it since he's been out for so long.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby slomo007 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:10 pm

The Rangers have a surplus of good bullpen arms and are in the midst of trying to trade some of them. Frankie Francisco is already on the block, Otsuka has been untouchable before this signing but now who knows? Bauer is available also.

I like the signing. ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby BritSox » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:11 pm

acsguitar wrote:
BritSox wrote:

I don't think its a bad trade just not sure if its the right team especially with Akinori

How many pitchers worth building around are available on one-year deals for $8m or less, ACS? Jeff Weaver got that in last year's market. Are you saying Jeff Weaver is the kind of player to build around?
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:13 pm

BritSox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
BritSox wrote:

How many pitchers worth building around are available on one-year deals for $8m or less, ACS? Jeff Weaver got that in last year's market. Are you saying Jeff Weaver is the kind of player to build around?

Why are you aruging with me. I don't think its a bad signing...Just I'm not sure if they could have spent their money another way or made a trade etc...

8 mill for Gagne, who is oft injured, when they have a solid closer is an interesting move
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby BritSox » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:19 pm

Because you suggested there was an alternative, ie, spending the money on 'someone to build around,' and suggested an SP. I asked, not unreasonably, who exactly they could get for that little money and that few years.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:22 pm

BritSox wrote:Because you suggested there was an alternative, ie, spending the money on 'someone to build around,' and suggested an SP. I asked, not unreasonably, who exactly they could get for that little money and that few years.

Well there is always an alternative Who not sure..i'm just saying maybee it coulda been better spent...maybee not
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers