How will the D-Rays look this year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

How will the D-Rays look this year?

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Postby killa3312 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:08 pm

Even though the Rays are probably going to lose a bunch of games (again) next season, it's going to be, IMHO, the most exciting season in Rays history. The new owners are going with the youth movement, meaning lots of young players getting playing time, not to mention the fact that we could see prospects such as Niemann, Talbot, Sonnanstine, Longoria, and Brignac before the season is over.

I can't wait.
killa3312
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:55 pm

jt787 wrote:Does it really matter?

Will they ever be better than the red sox, yanks, or blue jays?
Maybe in 10 more years.. but for now they can't pull a miracle like the tigers did.

Hopefully. It took the Mets 10+ years to overcome the Braves in the National League, so yea it is possible. It is definitely a tough division for a weak market team to be in, but they can compete if they continue to build from within. I am not saying we can contend for the AL East crown every year, but getting competitive within our division is a definite goal.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:18 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
jt787 wrote:Does it really matter?

Will they ever be better than the red sox, yanks, or blue jays?
Maybe in 10 more years.. but for now they can't pull a miracle like the tigers did.

Hopefully. It took the Mets 10+ years to overcome the Braves in the National League, so yea it is possible. It is definitely a tough division for a weak market team to be in, but they can compete if they continue to build from within. I am not saying we can contend for the AL East crown every year, but getting competitive within our division is a definite goal.

I think we will be competative very soon. All the pieces are starting to come together, we just need pitching. With the market being so high, hopefully some of these young guys can get it going.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Tampa Bay Rays