Anybody want to do a Mock? --- Closed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anybody want to do a Mock? --- Closed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby fiz » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:06 pm

ill mock - my fantasy football team went to the dogs and im starting to gear up for the spring...let's rock ;-D
fiz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby toledomudhens » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:08 pm

there's a whole forum dedicated to it.

ya well no body seems to reply or even visit that forum that much...
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 201)

Postby Morrison8312 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:08 pm

I'm in the Mock Auction now but I'd love to do a draft...lemme know guys.. ;-D
Morrison8312
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby sharksfan1139 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:51 pm

Im in the early mock draft but id be down to do another if you need another person

sharksfan1139
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sockeye » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:18 am

toledomudhens wrote:how are us newbies supposed too get any experience? but if those are the rules then so be it, if you decide too have another without the post limit im in. i'd love to try and learn differnt things.... thanks again guys. does anybody in here make sigs????

It's very simple. Just get in a mock, which will be good for at least 200 posts right there. Join several each year, and BOOM, you're in like flynn. Join immediately at every opening, without considering whether other people might also like to have a crack - its an early bird and worm type situation, no room at the table for slowpokes. And if your count still isn't high enough, just make a hundred or so posts with emoticons.

It may sound stupid, but going by post number is the single most reliable way to determine whether posters will give you timely, informed picks for the entirety of the draft. Trust me, if there were better ways, someone with a LOT of posts would have thought of a way!

Member #6 of the Yadier Molina Fan Club
sockeye
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:44 am

sockeye wrote:
toledomudhens wrote:how are us newbies supposed too get any experience? but if those are the rules then so be it, if you decide too have another without the post limit im in. i'd love to try and learn differnt things.... thanks again guys. does anybody in here make sigs????

It's very simple. Just get in a mock, which will be good for at least 200 posts right there. Join several each year, and BOOM, you're in like flynn. Join immediately at every opening, without considering whether other people might also like to have a crack - its an early bird and worm type situation, no room at the table for slowpokes. And if your count still isn't high enough, just make a hundred or so posts with emoticons.

It may sound stupid, but going by post number is the single most reliable way to determine whether posters will give you timely, informed picks for the entirety of the draft. Trust me, if there were better ways, someone with a LOT of posts would have thought of a way!

im pretty sure if you try to make hundreds of post with emoticons, you'll get banned :-°

you're supposed to get your experience by chiming in and doing your research on the forums first, and not saying someone with a low post count cant be knowledgable, because there definitely can be, but its just a way of making sure people dont stop looking at the mock after 3 rounds...

the forum dedicated to sigs is usually hopping during the season but during the off-season it slows down, much like the rest of the cafe.

hope i could be of help

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sockeye » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:13 am

Snakes Gould wrote: its just a way of making sure people dont stop looking at the mock after 3 rounds...

Sounds like an argument for longevity, consistency, and quality, not quantity.

Member #6 of the Yadier Molina Fan Club
sockeye
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:26 am

if you guys plan on making this a 12 or more team mock then you can count me in.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:19 am

sockeye wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote: its just a way of making sure people dont stop looking at the mock after 3 rounds...

true, but how could you ever measure the quality of someone's posts if there isnt a big enough sample to look at?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BritSox » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:38 am

sockeye wrote:

Says the man that moaned like crazy at me for trying to put a post limit on my NL mock last year, got in when I relented, spent most of the mock complaining about it not going fast enough then dropped out half way through.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers