better kepper; Hermida or butler?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

better kepper; Hermida or butler??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby shortsavage » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:43 pm

greenandgold wrote:
shortsavage wrote:I'd take Hermida. After Hermida's 2007 season, Butler will be so far behind him that some of you will try to forget what you wrote in this thread.

I hope you are right, what do you predict for him?

I think Hermida will hit .280 with an 875 OPS. Remember not only did he battle injuries last season, he also flat out skipped AAA.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rmande09 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:17 am

shortsavage wrote:I'd take Hermida. After Hermida's 2007 season, Butler will be so far behind him that some of you will try to forget what you wrote in this thread.

Ha! I understand you are trying to make a point, but that is FAR too bold. You do realize that Butler is, quite possibly, the best hitter in the minors right now, right? I would assume so. The one guy I would put in front of him is Gordon, and one could argue Delmon, but this guys approach is equal to that of a veteran. He knows how to hit. Throw in some very good pop, and this is a .320-35 guy. Hermida is probably a .280-20-15 guy. I don't see how hitting .280 with an .875 OPS is going to make us forget about Butler when, as a 21 year old, Butler will probably hit .330 with an OPS around .900 in AAA. I would love to see how many hitters posted a .900 OPS in AAA, let alone how many guys under the age of 22. I bet that list is fairly short.

As for his defense, it is more than passable. He could easily play an corner in the Bigs, and he'd be better than guys like Manny. Whether he DH's or not, I guarantee he will get a sufficient amount of OF starts to qualify him at the position.

And this is for fantasy purposes, so all that matters is the offense. If you can afford to go without Hermida for '07, then I would definitely stick with Butler.
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:19 pm

I'd take Hermida given that he fought injuries most of the season, I think he will contribute quicker.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby High Heater » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:00 pm

rmande09 wrote:

Ha! I understand you are trying to make a point, but that is FAR too bold. You do realize that Butler is, quite possibly, the best hitter in the minors right now, right? I would assume so. The one guy I would put in front of him is Gordon, and one could argue Delmon, but this guys approach is equal to that of a veteran. He knows how to hit. Throw in some very good pop, and this is a .320-35 guy. Hermida is probably a .280-20-15 guy. I don't see how hitting .280 with an .875 OPS is going to make us forget about Butler when, as a 21 year old, Butler will probably hit .330 with an OPS around .900 in AAA. I would love to see how many hitters posted a .900 OPS in AAA, let alone how many guys under the age of 22. I bet that list is fairly short.

As for his defense, it is more than passable. He could easily play an corner in the Bigs, and he'd be better than guys like Manny. Whether he DH's or not, I guarantee he will get a sufficient amount of OF starts to qualify him at the position.

And this is for fantasy purposes, so all that matters is the offense. If you can afford to go without Hermida for '07, then I would definitely stick with Butler.

yea cause a guy who projects to have power and speed just sucks for fantasy pruposes. :-t
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball