Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Danger » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:16 pm

I'd give Transformers a 9/10. Storyline was above average, what really made it enjoyable was the CGI.

Yah the even stevens kid is getting pretty good. He did a lot of improv which helped the humor in Transformers. Saw him in Disturbia too, he was decent in it even though I hated the movie itself. He's apparently doing some Indiana Jones movie with Spielberg soon too.
Danger
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportsguy138 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:56 am

Yoda wrote:Deja Vu (wow I haven't seen a movie in a few weeks) - 5/10 - Acting was good with Denzell but the movie as a whole was only mildly entertaining. It felt like a high tech CSI episode with a lot of time travelling mechanisms we've seen in movies way too often. Wait for cable.

I guess I don't watch many movies. :*)

I thought it was a great movie. I just saw it tonight, and thought it was very interesting. Although those kind of things have always interested me, so maybe that's why I though it was better than it actually was. I would recommend for people to watch this.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 404)

Postby J35J » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:53 am

Oh dear Lord! I've only turned off maybe 2 or 3 movies half way through watching them...I usually will go ahead and sit through bad movies just because I spent the money to rent it I might as well watch it. Anyway, I watch 35-40 minutes of Norbit and thats all I could handle. I was watching with my wife and she was just as bored and tired of it. One of the worst movies I've seen in a long time!! :-P :-t

...it doesn't deserve a rating!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 390)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:25 pm

J35J wrote:Oh dear Lord! I've only turned off maybe 2 or 3 movies half way through watching them...I usually will go ahead and sit through bad movies just because I spent the money to rent it I might as well watch it. Anyway, I watch 35-40 minutes of Norbit and thats all I could handle. I was watching with my wife and she was just as bored and tired of it. One of the worst movies I've seen in a long time!! :-P :-t

I just have to ask; why were you watching Norbit in the first place?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby J35J » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:28 pm

Coppermine wrote:
J35J wrote:Oh dear Lord! I've only turned off maybe 2 or 3 movies half way through watching them...I usually will go ahead and sit through bad movies just because I spent the money to rent it I might as well watch it. Anyway, I watch 35-40 minutes of Norbit and thats all I could handle. I was watching with my wife and she was just as bored and tired of it. One of the worst movies I've seen in a long time!! :-P :-t

:-b It was my wife's turn to pick out a movie and this is what she came home with..... I thought she was going to come home with some chick flick that she was talking about and came home with this so I was happy...well....where is that chick flick now!! :-P
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:44 pm

J35J wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

:-b It was my wife's turn to pick out a movie and this is what she came home with..... I thought she was going to come home with some chick flick that she was talking about and came home with this so I was happy...well....where is that chick flick now!! :-P

I think it's nice that you both take turns picking out a movie to watch; my gf and I do that too. But, if may make a suggestion, I think that you occasionally have to exercise veto power over the picks. I know I do :-b
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby J35J » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:38 pm

yeah, well I don't usually veto any of her picks because I usually get 2,3 or even 4 movies before she picks one herself. So its not really a 50/50 thing. I might have to rethink it though.... :-°
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:49 pm

J35J wrote:yeah, well I don't usually veto any of her picks because I usually get 2,3 or even 4 movies before she picks one herself. So its not really a 50/50 thing. I might have to rethink it though.... :-°

Check out Delta Farce next time it's your pick, pay back time :^

:-D :-D :-D

Kidding, don't go there. %-6
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby statsman88 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:36 am

1408- 8.5/10

Very good mix of scary/psychological thriller. If you looking for an out and out gorefest, this isn't it. But it is a good movie and do recommend it. It is one of those movies where you can debate with people what really was happening in certain scenes. It gives you enough to know whats going on, but you have to do some of the explaining yourself. Enjoyed it ;-D
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby soxrock556 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:49 am

Glory Road - 9 /10

Great story gives me chills and is exciting no real big name actors either.

http://www.freewebs.com/cubsox1234/sigs.htm
^^CHECK OUT MINE AND SPORTSFAN1433 SIGS^^
soxrock556
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk