Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:08 am

Speaking of King, I just saw The Green Mile again for the first time in years and had forgotten what a good movie it was. 8/10
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:18 am

NEXT-7/10

Pluses
I like Sci-Fi
Jessica Biel is hot
It is built on a promising storyline and does have some pretty cool scenes based on the premise that he can see into the future.

minuses
Bland at times
storyline is a bit too formulated.

Recommended? If you like Sci-Fi or like action scenes, you'll like this.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:09 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Live Free or Die Hard is getting a pretty good early buzz, but how can it top the original. Does anyone else love the original Die Hard as much as I do? The other two movies I could do without, but Carl Winslow + Bruce Willis - Shoes = Pure entertainment.

I absolutely love the original Die Hard. The second was a big step down but I still enjoyed it to a degree, and the third I could simply do without.

You're smoking the hookah. Die Hard with a Vengeance was wayyy better than the second one, and it was nearly as good as the first.

1408 is getting great reviews, huh? I summarily dismissed it because a) it's a Stephen King flick, b) it looked like they gave you the whole story in the commercials, and c) it's a Stephen King flick. Maybe I'll have to look into seeing it.

;D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:56 am

StlSluggers wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Live Free or Die Hard is getting a pretty good early buzz, but how can it top the original. Does anyone else love the original Die Hard as much as I do? The other two movies I could do without, but Carl Winslow + Bruce Willis - Shoes = Pure entertainment.

I absolutely love the original Die Hard. The second was a big step down but I still enjoyed it to a degree, and the third I could simply do without.

You're smoking the hookah. Die Hard with a Vengeance was wayyy better than the second one, and it was nearly as good as the first.

1408 is getting great reviews, huh? I summarily dismissed it because a) it's a Stephen King flick, b) it looked like they gave you the whole story in the commercials, and c) it's a Stephen King flick. Maybe I'll have to look into seeing it.

;D

No way. The original was/is one of the best action films ever IMHO. It is gritty, funny and ultra violent. Some good acting too with Hans Gruber as one of my favorite villains ever in a movie. Second installment was nearly as good but not quite. Third was entertaining but nowhere near the first two.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:05 am

Yoda wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:I absolutely love the original Die Hard. The second was a big step down but I still enjoyed it to a degree, and the third I could simply do without.

No way. The original was/is one of the best action films ever IMHO. It is gritty, funny and ultra violent. Some good acting too with Hans Gruber as one of my favorite villains ever in a movie. Second installment was nearly as good but not quite. Third was entertaining but nowhere near the first two.

Original is best. We agree there.

The second was cheese. The plot was stupid, the acting was subpar, the villains were boring, and special effects were less than believable.

The third had a great villain, a non-stop plot, great acting (you have to love Sam Jackson's character), and all sorts of great stunts. It's also pretty damn funny.

1>3>>>>>>>>>2
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:13 am

StlSluggers wrote:Original is best. We agree there.

The second was cheese. The plot was stupid, the acting was subpar, the villains were boring, and special effects were less than believable.

The third had a great villain, a non-stop plot, great acting (you have to love Sam Jackson's character), and all sorts of great stunts. It's also pretty damn funny.

1>3>>>>>>>>>2

Yeah it was early in the morning so I thought you said the third was the best... :*) :S
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby brewcrew4you » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:19 pm

Saw the 4th Die Hard this afternoon.

Lots of action, not that heavy of plot, 1 situation where the editing was terrible and you could see Justin Long talking not in sync with the words.

6.5/10
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tuff_gong » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:27 pm

I watched Raging Bull for the first time last night. It was reallllllllllllly good. 9.8/10. the .2 is taken off for DeNiro's nose that is obviously fake in a couple scenes.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RugbyD » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:40 am

tuff_gong wrote:I watched Raging Bull for the first time last night. It was reallllllllllllly good. 9.8/10. the .2 is taken off for DeNiro's nose that is obviously fake in a couple scenes.

what's amazing is that the weight gain wasn't!
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Coppermine » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:49 am

RugbyD wrote:
tuff_gong wrote:I watched Raging Bull for the first time last night. It was reallllllllllllly good. 9.8/10. the .2 is taken off for DeNiro's nose that is obviously fake in a couple scenes.

what's amazing is that the weight gain wasn't!

One of the best films of all time, for sure
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk