Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:34 am

Ocean's 13: 7/10
I thought it was definitely better than #2, and right on par with #1 in the series.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:53 am

Anyone see that 1408 movie is getting very good reviews? Far better than Evan Almighty. Anyone see it? I still think it's probably a renter but there's nothing worth seeing, still. Live Free or Die Hard is getting a pretty good early buzz, but how can it top the original. Does anyone else love the original Die Hard as much as I do? The other two movies I could do without, but Carl Winslow + Bruce Willis - Shoes = Pure entertainment.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:41 am

I didn't plan on seeing that. I like Cusack but King movies are normally crap. Then I saw the rating on IMDB along with some reviews I read and got intrigued. Not sure I will make it to the theater but definitely looking forward to seeing it.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:17 am

Coppermine wrote:Anyone see that 1408 movie is getting very good reviews? Far better than Evan Almighty. Anyone see it? I still think it's probably a renter but there's nothing worth seeing, still. Live Free or Die Hard is getting a pretty good early buzz, but how can it top the original. Does anyone else love the original Die Hard as much as I do? The other two movies I could do without, but Carl Winslow + Bruce Willis - Shoes = Pure entertainment.

I absolutely love the original Die Hard. The second was a big step down but I still enjoyed it to a degree, and the third I could simply do without.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby J35J » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:24 am

Hannibal Rising - 7.5/10

I enjoyed it.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:28 pm

Saw Oceans 13 over the weekend. Ellen Barkin looks likes she's had so many facelifts that you could blindfold her with dental floss.

5/10
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby luckygehrig » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:18 pm

Ocean's 13- 7/10 I liked this one better than 12 but not as good as 11. The plot kind of revealed itself along the way as opposed to 11 where the twists ironed themselves all out towards the end.

1408 - 8.5/10 I wasn't sure about this movie based on the commercials, but I had the day off work and nothing better to do so I went to this with my girlfriend. I normally don't get the whole horror movie genre except for the occasional supernatural or psychological thriller. This one was definitely one of those that I enjoyed. I don't want to talk too much about it so that I don't give anything away, but I definitely recommend this one. ;D
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby statsman88 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:31 pm

luckygehrig wrote:1408 - 8.5/10 I wasn't sure about this movie based on the commercials, but I had the day off work and nothing better to do so I went to this with my friend. I normally don't get the whole horror movie genre except for the occasional supernatural or psychological thriller. This one was definitely one of those that I enjoyed. I don't want to talk too much about it so that I don't give anything away, but I definitely recommend this one. ;D

Good to know, I'm planning on seeing it here soon
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Coppermine » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:35 pm

Amazinz wrote:I didn't plan on seeing that. I like Cusack but King movies are normally crap. Then I saw the rating on IMDB along with some reviews I read and got intrigued. Not sure I will make it to the theater but definitely looking forward to seeing it.

That's because most of them were made-for-TV or 80's B-movies, but many forget that, in addition to all the crappy ones, he also wrote The Green Mile, The Shining, Misery, Stand By Me and The Shawshank Redemption.

So really I think it depends on who the writes the screenplay and directs.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:59 pm

I should have been more specific. There have obviously been some great movie translations of King's work but much of the good stuff is non-horror. With the horror there are the exceptions. You mentioned The Shining and Misery, and also the originals of Carrie and Salem's Lot. But overall most of King's horror that makes it to the big screen is not very good.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk