Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby soxfan364 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:33 am

I could see where some would hate it, since it gets a bit serious & melodramatic about 3/4 of the way through

Coppermine wrote:
soxfan364 wrote:Click 7/10

Really? i haven't seen it, but I heard it's the worst Sandler comedy since Airheads.
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:54 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
soxfan364 wrote:Click 7/10

Really? i haven't seen it, but I heard it's the worst Sandler comedy since Airheads.

I thought it was one of the better movies with Sandler starring in it that I've seen in awhile.

oh god it was awful...i wish i had a magic remote to Fast Forward through me watching it...3/10...there were only 2 good parts in this movie, and they were both attached to Kate Beckinsale

just saw Down In The Valley yesterday with Edward Norton and Evan Rachel Wood. Norton plays a Cowboy in LA who Wood's assumedly underage character develops a special relationship with.

7/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:48 pm

I went to see Rocky today, it was an enjoyable movie, and definitely exceeded my expectations. Great way to end that series, as opposed to Rocky V, an abomination.

8/10
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:50 pm

mweir145 wrote:I went to see Rocky today, it was an enjoyable movie, and definitely exceeded my expectations. Great way to end that series, as opposed to Rocky V, an abomination.

8/10

That's what I'm talkin' about. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:23 pm

mweir145 wrote:I went to see Rocky today, it was an enjoyable movie, and definitely exceeded my expectations. Great way to end that series, as opposed to Rocky V, an abomination.

8/10

so glad to hear..havent gotten around to it, but rocky appreciation is like a cult here in philly ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:30 pm

does rocky die? saw pirates 2... 6/10 at best
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby tuff_gong » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:39 pm

Saw Blood Diamond today, and really enjoyed it. 8.5/10.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:04 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

8/10

That's what I'm talkin' about. ;-D

8/10 for me too. ;-D

The fight is over-edited and gets away from the Rocky fight formula but Rocky fans will be happy. If loving Rocky movies (except 5) is wrong I don't want to be right. B-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:08 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
cordscords wrote:Donnie Darko

4/10

i just borrowed thsi from a friend. heard real good things from eveyrone about it. gonn watch is toon.

Donnie Darko is a great movie to me. Best aspect of it is that I am still analyzing the film years after seeing it. Does you buddy have the director's cut? I would just go ahead and watch that.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JTWood » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:55 am

cordscords wrote:Donnie Darko

4/10

8-o That's one of the best movies I've ever seen! 8 easily... maybe even a 9...

Saw An American Haunting the other night. Not only is this movie one of the top-five worst movies I've ever seen, further review has turned up evidence that this movie isn't even based on anything real (as it purports).

Stay far, far away. Far away.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk