Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:09 pm

Amazinz wrote:Yeah you're my age. I think we we're both in pampers when Mookie was cutting his teeth on his first case. !+)

Wow that's old... :D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brewcrew4you » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:48 pm

Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer.

In case anyone was wondering if this was as bad as the previews looked, the answer is yes.

2/5.
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby nsulham » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:14 pm

brewcrew4you wrote:Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer.

In case anyone was wondering if this was as bad as the previews looked, the answer is yes.

2/5.

It's been getting generally panned but I don't care, I still plan on seeing it tonight. I'm such a big Surfer mark and I'm interested to see what it's like.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:16 pm

nsulham wrote:
brewcrew4you wrote:Fantastic 4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer.

2/5.

It's been getting generally panned but I don't care, I still plan on seeing it tonight. I'm such a big Surfer mark and I'm interested to see what it's like.

I thought the previews were pretty good. Then again, I'm one of the few people who enjoyed the first one. Anyway, I'll find time to see it at some point after I'm all settled down.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby statsman88 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:30 pm

Haven't posted a review on here for awhile, so here goes the movies I've watched the past few weeks:

The Illusionist-8/10

The Prestige- 7/10, just didn't like it as much, I thought the ending was kind of an easy-answer cop-out and was hoping for something more creative. Still a good movie though and worth seeing

The Godfather-9/10 Classic Movie

Monty Python The Life Of Brian-8/10 One of the Funniest Movies I've seen, but what bumps it down is some unnecessary crap/offending bits. Its an old movie but my brother just told me about it, I've never heard of it before. It does have some of the most hilarious scenes in any movie ive ever seen
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:36 pm

Down to 29% on RottenTomatoes (I'm surprised they even screened it for critics) here's what they have to say:

A Collection of RT Reviews wrote:Faithfully mining one of the Marvel franchise's more intriguing mythologies, the sequel proves every bit as disposable as its predecessor, with even less character definition and several tons more poundage in the f/x department.

The target audience appears to be Cartoon Network fans. Anyone outside that category is likely to find Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer a dull slog no avalanche of razzle-dazzle digital hooey can camouflage.

Rise of the Silver Surfer is an existentially and aesthetically unnecessary sequel to the equally irrelevant if depressingly successful Fantastic Four.

At times silly and then serious, this Fantastic Four is the cinematic equivalent of multiple personality disorder.

Sentient humans should stay away; all others may enter confident that their IQs are already in the Chernobyl-fried range and will not be affected, except for downward.

[D]umb and tedious and puny and petty and idiotic and wrapped up so tightly in its own acquiescence of its own irrelevance that even the end of all life on Earth can be no big deal... Don't get your spandex in a bunch, dude.

This humdrum collection of comic book characters ... makes you long for the thrilling adventures of someone called, say, The Accountant.

The worst part? The door is left wide open for part three.

You need to understand that if we keep going to see bad movies, studios will keep making them...
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:29 am

so i saw 13 tonight. it was good. not great. good. fun movie to watch, got a few chuckles, had a good heist. it was part 11 and part 12. so if you didnt like one or the other you probably wouldnt have liked it. 6.5 - 7/10.

yeah, when i first heard barkin was going to be the new woman i was confused. but she actually looked pretty good in the movie. shes a "cougar". hard to find a pic from the movie but heres one.

http://movies.aol.com/celebrity/matt-da ... zy/1891609

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mbuser » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:56 am

knocked up -- definitely a disappointment for me. it had its moments, but i really just found most of the parts where i should have been laughing unfunny. imo it was unnecessarily vulgar to a fault -- perhaps it's just my sense of humor, but to me saying f**k 12 times in a sentence does not automatically equal funny. to top it off, the 'love story' aspect seem pretty contrived, as well
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)

Postby mbuser » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:00 am

and i think barkin just qualifies as **gasp** an attractive older woman. a cougar is defined as an older woman who specifically targets younger men
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:51 am

I just watched Freedom Writers
10/10

A week or two ago I saw Stomp the Yard
8/10