Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:25 am

mweir145 wrote:I just watched The Boondock Saints for the first time the other day as it was highly recommended to me by a few people, but I have to say that I thought it was terrible. I found it to be very boring, it didn't really have much of a plot, and I didn't really see the point in Dafoe's character at all. It's like they were trying to be Pulp Fiction or something like that with their violence and dialogue, and did a terrible job of it.

3/10.

i felt the same way bro....

as for the ocean's movies, im expecting to see 13 this weekend but i think im one of the only people in the world that found 12 to be very good. i understand it was different than 11, but i found it very funny. lots of "inside jokes" type humor.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:42 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
mweir145 wrote:I just watched The Boondock Saints for the first time the other day as it was highly recommended to me by a few people, but I have to say that I thought it was terrible. I found it to be very boring, it didn't really have much of a plot, and I didn't really see the point in Dafoe's character at all. It's like they were trying to be Pulp Fiction or something like that with their violence and dialogue, and did a terrible job of it.

3/10.

i felt the same way bro....

as for the ocean's movies, im expecting to see 13 this weekend but i think im one of the only people in the world that found 12 to be very good. i understand it was different than 11, but i found it very funny. lots of "inside jokes" type humor.

I liked 12 enough. It wasn't as good as 11, but it was fun. The only thing that bothered me about it was that you - as a viewer - had almost zero chance of figuring out their plot twist because it was so out-of-the-blue. Other than that, it was entertaining,and I'm hoping 13 is as well.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby knapplc » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:14 am

StlSluggers wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:as for the ocean's movies, im expecting to see 13 this weekend but i think im one of the only people in the world that found 12 to be very good. i understand it was different than 11, but i found it very funny. lots of "inside jokes" type humor.

I liked 12 enough. It wasn't as good as 11, but it was fun. The only thing that bothered me about it was that you - as a viewer - had almost zero chance of figuring out their plot twist because it was so out-of-the-blue. Other than that, it was entertaining,and I'm hoping 13 is as well.

I also really liked both Ocean's 11 and 12. I have high hopes for 13. I found a lot of the inside jokes in 12 pretty good, and overall it was entertaining. It was a nice, easy movie with nice, easy characters that I was comfortable watching, and the whole "heist" theme was fun enough. I agree that the final twist in 12 is so out of the blue that the viewer would never have a chance of getting it ahead of time, but as you watch it a second time you see all the hints along the way.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:07 am

knapplc wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:as for the ocean's movies, im expecting to see 13 this weekend but i think im one of the only people in the world that found 12 to be very good. i understand it was different than 11, but i found it very funny. lots of "inside jokes" type humor.

I also really liked both Ocean's 11 and 12. I have high hopes for 13. I found a lot of the inside jokes in 12 pretty good, and overall it was entertaining. It was a nice, easy movie with nice, easy characters that I was comfortable watching, and the whole "heist" theme was fun enough. I agree that the final twist in 12 is so out of the blue that the viewer would never have a chance of getting it ahead of time, but as you watch it a second time you see all the hints along the way.

I liked the Oceans movies too and I will definitely see Oceans 13. My one beef with these movies are the women Catherine Zeta-Jones was ok in the second one but they got her at her worst right after having a kid. Julia Roberts was in the first one :t and now Ellen Barkin? If it's going to be a guys movie doesn't it need some fresher eye-candy?

I kinda liked the Italian Job better. Too bad they didn't do a sequel to that one.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby knapplc » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:10 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I liked the Oceans movies too and I will definitely see Oceans 13. My one beef with these movies are the women Catherine Zeta-Jones was ok in the second one but they got her at her worst right after having a kid. Julia Roberts was in the first one :t and now Ellen Barkin? If it's going to be a guys movie doesn't it need some fresher eye-candy?

I kinda liked the Italian Job better. Too bad they didn't do a sequel to that one.

Yeah, I have to agree with the Ellen Barkin assessment. I think that alone signifies that people our age are not necessarily the target audience for these movies. I'm pretty sure they're targeting people in their 40s and older, especially considering the youngest member of the cast is probably in his 30s. Julia Roberts was pregnant in the second one, as well, and Ellen Barkin is about 15 years past her "prime."
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:48 am

Lol. Then Mookie is in the age group they're targeting. :D

Ocean's 11 was pretty good. Overrated IMO because of the cast. With a cast like that my expectations were very high. Ocean's 12 blew. I am glad they finally added Pacino but I didn't understand all along how you could have a modern day "rat pack" without Pacino and DiNero. The female choices isn't a big deal for me since they have played a pretty minor role anyway if memory serves.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:50 am

Julio Roberts sucks.

That's all I have to say about that.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:56 am

Amazinz wrote:Lol. Then Mookie is in the age group they're targeting. :D

Ocean's 11 was pretty good. Overrated IMO because of the cast. With a cast like that my expectations were very high. Ocean's 12 blew. I am glad they finally added Pacino but I didn't understand all along how you could have a modern day "rat pack" without Pacino and DiNero. The female choices isn't a big deal for me since they have played a pretty minor role anyway if memory serves.

Yeah 11 was good... 12 I coudln't finish... 13 I have no desire to see.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:07 pm

Amazinz wrote:Lol. Then Mookie is in the age group they're targeting. :D

I'm 36 so I'm almost there I guess.
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:10 pm

Yeah you're my age. I think we we're both in pampers when Mookie was cutting his teeth on his first case. !+)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk