Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:04 am

By the way guys, "Knocked Up" was very funny. 8/10
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:35 am

Hannibal Rising - i rented this on Friday...i fell asleep about a 1/2 hour in and didnt even bother to watch the rest of it. it was terrible. did it get any better or was i better off just returning it?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:49 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I liked Knight's Tale... Jousting?... Check... AC/DC?... Check... What's not to like... ;-)

How about "everything else." Check. :-b

Amen, brother. I loathe that film with a passion. The second they started up with the Queen rock anthem of "We Will Rock You", I nearly left the theater. My girlfriend of the time dragged me to see it, kicking and screaming the whole way.

Shannyn Sossamon not worthy?

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:02 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I liked Knight's Tale... Jousting?... Check... AC/DC?... Check... What's not to like... ;-)

Amen, brother. I loathe that film with a passion. The second they started up with the Queen rock anthem of "We Will Rock You", I nearly left the theater. My girlfriend of the time dragged me to see it, kicking and screaming the whole way.

Hot chicks in movies are a dime a dozen now; is it worth listening to Heath Ledger speak in a silly accent with David Bowie songs in the background?

I heard David Manning loved the film though.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:16 am

Coppermine wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Hot chicks in movies are a dime a dozen now; is it worth listening to Heath Ledger speak in a silly accent with David Bowie songs in the background?

Did you get your $5?

http://www.bamlawca.com/pdf/sonynot.pdf

You actually could have gotten $25 if you saw all 5 movies.

In case you don't want to read the article Sony agreed to refund $5 to each person who bought a ticket for Knight's Tale, Hollow Man, The Animal, Vertical Limit or The Patriot.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:40 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Did you get your $5?

In case you don't want to read the article Sony agreed to refund $5 to each person who bought a ticket for Knight's Tale, Hollow Man, The Animal, Vertical Limit or The Patriot.

Thankfully I didn't go to any of those films since David Manning was the only person who gave them a good review, except maybe Joel Seigle. And if Joel Seigle "raves" about a film, I just know to avoid it.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:54 am

Coppermine wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Did you get your $5?

Thankfully I didn't go to any of those films since David Manning was the only person who gave them a good review, except maybe Joel Seigle. And if Joel Seigle "raves" about a film, I just know to avoid it.

i dont think i ever saw Vertical Limit...i'm pretty sure i saw Knights Tale...anyway, The Patriot is by far the best of those movies, after that i'm not sure what i'd rank as the next best
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:56 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

Did you get your $5?

i dont think i ever saw Vertical Limit...i'm pretty sure i saw Knights Tale...anyway, The Patriot is by far the best of those movies, after that i'm not sure what i'd rank as the next best

The Patriot would have been great if it was 2 1/2 hours shorter.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ironman » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:21 am

Knocked Up 9/10

Outstanding comedy. Some great raunchy jokes, but at the same time touches upon some fairly realistic issues that couples sometimes face.

Also the fantasy baseball season is hilarious, although I was the only one in the theater laughing at it. The rest must not play, therefore they don't get it.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:35 am

ironman wrote:Knocked Up 9/10

Outstanding comedy. Some great raunchy jokes, but at the same time touches upon some fairly realistic issues that couples sometimes face.

Also the fantasy baseball season is hilarious, although I was the only one in the theater laughing at it. The rest must not play, therefore they don't get it.

I felt like there were parts where I was the only one in the theater laughing, but I went to an early showing and the crowd was a little older than I would have expected. The fantasy baseball part was great, and some of the subtle references about the shoebomber-roommate's beard definitely went over people's heads.

It was clever and original despite its raunchiness. Highly recommended ;-D
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk