Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Old_Style » Mon May 14, 2007 6:37 pm

Coppermine wrote:I missed a lot of discussion on the ins-and-outs of zombies and that those featured in 28 Days/Weeks Later are not officially Zombies... which I completely agree with.

Once again, I highly recommend picking up World War Z if not for pure, awesomeness in zombie-related entertainment.

I second that notion. Great read for anyone remotely interested in zombies. ;-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bronxxbomber » Thu May 17, 2007 11:07 am

Yoda wrote:Question. How come infected people only attack non-infected people? Oh, and running, jumping zombies are scary.
I don't know if you saw 28 Days Later, but the infection is something based on rage. All the "zombies" attack people who aren't enrage I think.

On a side note, the director and writer are different for this movie. Is it really as good as the first?
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Thu May 17, 2007 11:10 am

bronxxbomber wrote:
Yoda wrote:Question. How come infected people only attack non-infected people? Oh, and running, jumping zombies are scary.
I don't know if you saw 28 Days Later, but the infection is something based on rage. All the "zombies" attack people who aren't enrage I think.

On a side note, the director and writer are different for this movie. Is it really as good as the first?

Are they really? I watched a handful of small clips and the style (and definitely the music) seemed extraordinarily familiar to the first.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby josebach » Thu May 17, 2007 3:12 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:

Are they really? I watched a handful of small clips and the style (and definitely the music) seemed extraordinarily familiar to the first.

Danny Boyle didn't direct the second movie, but he did produce it, so it had that same feel as the first one. To be honest, I really couldn't tell that someone else directed it. The quality of the film in the 2nd was actually better and less grainy than the first one, which I'm sure was attributable to the larger budget.

And yes, I thought it was as good as the first one. I daresay it may even be better, but I'll have to watch it a couple more times before I can decide for sure. :-)

Oh, and you're right... they re-used a lot of the same music. At first I was a little disappointed when I first heard the same music start playing, but it ended up working just as well in this as it did in the first movie.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Fri May 18, 2007 2:41 pm

I saw this movie and enjoyed it but my question is how come when the "zombies" (the infected) do not feed on each other. When they attack a non-infected person wouldn't that person become one of the infected and the feeding zombies would stop feeding on them and perserve their "life"?

Anyways, a good movie with helicopters being put to interesting uses ;-)
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby josebach » Fri May 18, 2007 3:47 pm

Dr. StrangeGlove wrote:Anyways, a good movie with helicopters being put to interesting uses ;-)

Actually, that was one of the few scenes that didn't really work for me. It was cool, just a little far fetched.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby brewcrew4you » Fri May 18, 2007 7:21 pm

Just saw 28 Weeks Later:

8/10
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Mon May 21, 2007 11:52 am

The Last King of Scotland - 8.5/10 - great acting with a deep story and very entertaining. Highly recommended.

V for Vendetta - 9/10 - I liked it much better the second time around probably because I wasn't as critical on the comic book to celluloid translation. Great story and acting. Probably the best comic book/graphic novel movie ever made.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RugbyD » Mon May 21, 2007 11:56 am

Yoda wrote:The Last King of Scotland - 8.5/10 - great acting with a deep story and very entertaining. Highly recommended.

V for Vendetta - 9/10 - I liked it much better the second time around probably because I wasn't as critical on the comic book to celluloid translation. Great story and acting. Probably the best comic book/graphic novel movie ever made.

still haven't seen the 1st one, but have really wanted to.

I thought V started out very strong, but rushed itself starting about halfway through. I would have liked to have seen them dig into V more, though I'm not familiar with how the novel goes or how many liberties the Wachowski Brothers took with it.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby J35J » Mon May 21, 2007 2:55 pm

28 Days Later - 6/10

Just ok for me.....thought they could have done more....
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk