Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Mon May 14, 2007 2:44 pm

josebach wrote:I saw 28 Weeks Later this weekend, and if you like 28 Days Later and/or you like the Zombie genre, It's a must see. Upon first viewing, I liked it better than the first one.

9/10 ;-D

I absolutely loved 28 Days Later.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Mon May 14, 2007 2:45 pm

Yoda wrote:
josebach wrote:I saw 28 Weeks Later this weekend, and if you like 28 Days Later and/or you like the Zombie genre, It's a must see. Upon first viewing, I liked it better than the first one.

9/10 ;-D

I absolutely loved 28 Days Later.

11/10 here
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Yoda » Mon May 14, 2007 2:47 pm

Question. How come infected people only attack non-infected people? Oh, and running, jumping zombies are scary.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby StlSluggers » Mon May 14, 2007 2:48 pm

Yoda wrote:Question. How come infected people only attack non-infected people?

Makes for good cinema? :-)
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Mon May 14, 2007 3:13 pm

Hot Fuzz

This movie is fantastic. If you're a fan of Shaun of the Dead, you'll love this movie more. Some of the most impressive sight gags I've seen in a while, and some pretty random humor too.

9/10
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby josebach » Mon May 14, 2007 3:18 pm

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:Hot Fuzz

This movie is fantastic. If you're a fan of Shaun of the Dead, you'll love this movie more. Some of the most impressive sight gags I've seen in a while, and some pretty random humor too.

9/10

I concur! ;-D

Those two guys are great together. :-)
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Old_Style » Mon May 14, 2007 3:36 pm

With the talk about Hot Fuzz. (which I haven't seen yet, but friends told me Point Break was mentioned in the movie) I'll give Point Break a run down. ;-D

Point Break 8/10 :-?

Keanu Reeves - former college quarterback turned FBI agent. And his character name is Johnny Utah

Patrick Swayze - Cool guy surfer.

The movie is extra corny, yet cool. It's got skydiving, surfing, bank robberies, police action, and Gary Busey. I recommend a rental if you haven't seen it. ;-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Mon May 14, 2007 3:37 pm

Old_Style wrote:With the talk about Hot Fuzz. (which I haven't seen yet, but friends told me Point Break was mentioned in the movie) I'll give Point Break a run down. ;-D

Point Break 8/10 :-?

Keanu Reeves - former college quarterback turned FBI agent. And his character name is Johnny Utah

Patrick Swayze - Cool guy surfer.

The movie is extra corny, yet cool. It's got skydiving, surfing, bank robberies, police action, and Gary Busey. I recommend a rental if you haven't seen it. ;-D

I always liked that movie. The only thing I didn't like was Reeve's fugly love interest.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Mon May 14, 2007 4:09 pm

Children of Men, I give it an 8/10, I'm a fan of Clive Owen in general, but I think he did a nice job, the mood of the movie was nicely done. Interesting idea and thought on what the world would be like if indeed we knew we were on the brink of extinction due to a world wide spread of infertility.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Coppermine » Mon May 14, 2007 6:30 pm

I missed a lot of discussion on the ins-and-outs of zombies and that those featured in 28 Days/Weeks Later are not officially Zombies... which I completely agree with.

Once again, I highly recommend picking up World War Z if not for pure, awesomeness in zombie-related entertainment.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk