Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Melo255 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:58 am

District B13: 9/10

Also known as Banlieue 13.

A French film that is highly stylized and has some seriously kick ass action sequences. The plot leaves some to be desired but honestly it works at what it's trying to be.

For anyone who knows what Parkour is, David Belle, the 'creator' of it as most believe, is one of the two main characters. Needless to say, for those in the know, most of the action scenes are flawless and hyperkinetic could be considered an understatement.

I HIGHLY recommend checking this out for anyone who wants to see a great action flick that doesn't really make you think but rather say "sh*t that was cool" over and over again.

Plot summary can be found here on IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414852/plotsummary
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:06 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
J35J wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
J35J wrote:HHmmmm, ok so I don't seem to agree with this one.....

Rocky - 6/10

The most recent installment, or the original?

The newest one. The one where Sly looks awful and the fight was awful and the training was awful and..... you get the idea. }:-)

Were you watching the same movie? Balboa was the best film in the series since the first. :-? Of course, that's just my opinion. :-D

:-o thats your opinion and i've got mine. What part of that movie was any good? All the other Rocky movies are about 1/3 training for the fight, 1/3 fight, then 1/3 leading up to training and fighting. This movie was about 1/2 mumbo jumbo, 1/4 crappy training, 1/4 horrible fight. Not to mention Sly looks absolutely terrible.

Just my opinion of course.... :-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 390)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:21 am

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Ok, I admit I've seen this show like twice ever; but my buddy loves it and convinced me to go see it last night. I was pretty unfamiliar with all the characters, but I had some real hard laughs watching it, and it was nice to get out to the theater and just be entertained without having to think in the slightest. Pretty sad, right? :-b Anyway, my buddy who's a fan of the show loved the movie to the max, and me who when the movie title was read to me, had no idea what the heck it was, both enjoyed it. It's completely stupid, has no real plot line, but the jokes are funny, and it's light-hearted in an adult kind of way.

6.5/10
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:14 am

J35J wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
J35J wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
J35J wrote:HHmmmm, ok so I don't seem to agree with this one.....

Rocky - 6/10

The most recent installment, or the original?

The newest one. The one where Sly looks awful and the fight was awful and the training was awful and..... you get the idea. }:-)

Were you watching the same movie? Balboa was the best film in the series since the first. :-? Of course, that's just my opinion. :-D

:-o thats your opinion and i've got mine. What part of that movie was any good? All the other Rocky movies are about 1/3 training for the fight, 1/3 fight, then 1/3 leading up to training and fighting. This movie was about 1/2 mumbo jumbo, 1/4 crappy training, 1/4 horrible fight. Not to mention Sly looks absolutely terrible.

Just my opinion of course.... :-D

I thought the story was well developed. I actually felt sorry for the Rocky character because the plot and emotions involved were very believeable. Sly didn't look good, but he's a washed up boxer in his 50's. He's supposed to look like crap. Eh, opinions are opinions and we both have ours. I thought it was a great way to end the series.
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:23 am

Disturbia - 7.5/10

It was pretty good but they tried to make it both love and horror which didn't work great. I think they could have spent more time building up the main plot line but it was still pretty good.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ironman » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:27 am

Amazinz wrote:Brick 7/10 ;-D

This has been on my to-see list for awhile. It's really good maybe just a few qualities short of being great. 1940s-style detective story set in the context of high school cliques in modern day California. It's strange at first but once you get accustomed to the dialog and style it really takes off.

I saw the preview for this on another DVD I watched. It looked interesting. I may have to check it out.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby J35J » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:58 am

Smokin' Aces 7.5/10

Didn't have alot of expectations going into this movie but it turned out pretty good. Lots of action, solid flick.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:11 am

The Prestige - 8/10 ----- Solid movie, will definately have to see it again. You need to pay attention to this movie or you will get lost or confused.

Troy - 9.5/10 ----- three times better than 300. Very good movie!!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby pokeyjoe » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:38 pm

Not a new film, but I saw Dazed and Confused, and that was great. My parents both grew up in that time period, and I can completely put my parents in the place of some of the characters. Fun film, with a little bit of meaning, but mostly just an enjoyable film.

I'd say 8.5/10, but I rate pretty harshly.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J35J » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:42 pm

Dazed and Confused was a great movie!! ;-D I haven't seen it in a while, i'll have to go out and buy it!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk