Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby silentjim » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Anyone watching the "Vikings" miniseries on the History Channel? I thought it looked good, but don't have the time to watch it if its bleh...
silentjim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod
(Past Year: 76)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby J35J » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:37 pm

silentjim wrote:Anyone watching the "Vikings" miniseries on the History Channel? I thought it looked good, but don't have the time to watch it if its bleh...

It's just ok...not really bleh, but just ok.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 393)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:46 pm

I was hoping The Bible would be ok, but that's really bad. Poor acting and really bad production value in the 10 minutes I watched. They put all their money into The Vikings I guess knowing that The Bible would be watched no matter how bad it was. It's kind of sad that there all kinds of great stories that could make good movies but there hasn't been a good movie based on a Bible story in like 60 years.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:00 pm

jfg wrote:I was hoping The Bible would be ok, but that's really bad. Poor acting and really bad production value in the 10 minutes I watched. They put all their money into The Vikings I guess knowing that The Bible would be watched no matter how bad it was. It's kind of sad that there all kinds of great stories that could make good movies but there hasn't been a good movie based on a Bible story in like 60 years.

The Passion was a pretty successful movie, wasn't it?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:35 am

jfg wrote:I was hoping The Bible would be ok, but that's really bad. Poor acting and really bad production value in the 10 minutes I watched. They put all their money into The Vikings I guess knowing that The Bible would be watched no matter how bad it was. It's kind of sad that there all kinds of great stories that could make good movies but there hasn't been a good movie based on a Bible story in like 60 years.

While it is definitely not a traditional biblical story, The Last Temptation of Christ is quite good.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby jfg » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Forgot about that one. Yeah, it's good but that's more like an Argo version of the Bible. :-D Really though, the Bible really could have 40-50 blockbuster movies made out of different stories and all we get are a bunch of attempts to tell the Jesus story and some terrible mini-series.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:22 pm

jfg wrote:Forgot about that one. Yeah, it's good but that's more like an Argo version of the Bible. :-D Really though, the Bible really could have 40-50 blockbuster movies made out of different stories and all we get are a bunch of attempts to tell the Jesus story and some terrible mini-series.

Someone needs to make a movie out of the Ehud-King Eglon story.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:31 pm

Bullitt (1968) 6/10

It was decent, but I was expecting far more.
Bullitt's bird was hawt though :-L
I do love this era of film (1965-1975) where it seemed to be in fashion to shoot some scenes from crazy angles. ;-D
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby bleach168 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Hunger Games ?/10

I couldn't finish this movie. I wasn't that it was bad, I just couldn't get over the premise of the movie. There is no culture messed up enough to find entertainment in the killing children. This world could never exist. I didn't read the books but I did wiki the Hunger Games universe and couldn't find an explanation. Am I missing something?
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:09 pm

bleach168 wrote:I couldn't finish this movie. I wasn't that it was bad, I just couldn't get over the premise of the movie. There is no culture messed up enough to find entertainment in the killing children.

With all the terrible people and effed up things in this world (child soldiers, prison camps, torture, etc), this is really what prevented you from getting through the movie? I honestly couldn't disagree more.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk