Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Old_Style » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:18 pm

J35J wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Just saw Rocky Balboa yesterday. Like most people, I laughed during the previews for the movie. In my mind, there was simply no way this movie was going to be good, especially considering how old Stallone is. Ok, here's the shocker...

It was the best Rocky film I've seen since the first one! Sure, the third and fourth installments have some off the wall characters like Clubber and Drago, but Rocky Balboa had the best story and the most heart of any film in the series besides the opener. You really feel badly for the Rocky character given what he's had to go through since we last left him. His wife has died, his son isn't close with him and he's considered a "has been" by industry standards. His personal journey in this episode is powerful and one most of us can relate to. I won't give much away, but it's truly one of the best sequels I've seen and the perfect way to end the Rocky saga.

Honestly, 10/10 - I can't imagine this film being any better considering what it was trying to accomplish

I've been wondering about whether or not to see this movie. I'm going to have to check it out now! Thanks for the heads up.

I think the movie would've been better if Rocky defeated terrorism like he single handedly defeated communism in Rocky IV.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:35 am

Saw II 5/10

Held up pretty well for a horror flick, in fact I caught the "uncut" version which was certainly a "cut above" most horror movies these days. I just thought the first one was much better.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby daullaz » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:45 am

Pathfinder 0/10. Don't bother. Y'know how they give out Grammys for sound and sound editing? Whoever was working on this film in either department should be drug out in the street and shot. If you watch LOST, you'll notice the soundtrack skip and hit an off note every so often. This is OK, because it's planned to help the mood. Now imagine those off notes every five seconds for two hours.

I repeat, do not see Pathfinder.

Just don't.

Seriously.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby TheRock » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:35 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Just saw Rocky Balboa yesterday. Like most people, I laughed during the previews for the movie. In my mind, there was simply no way this movie was going to be good, especially considering how old Stallone is. Ok, here's the shocker...

It was the best Rocky film I've seen since the first one! Sure, the third and fourth installments have some off the wall characters like Clubber and Drago, but Rocky Balboa had the best story and the most heart of any film in the series besides the opener. You really feel badly for the Rocky character given what he's had to go through since we last left him. His wife has died, his son isn't close with him and he's considered a "has been" by industry standards. His personal journey in this episode is powerful and one most of us can relate to. I won't give much away, but it's truly one of the best sequels I've seen and the perfect way to end the Rocky saga.

Honestly, 10/10 - I can't imagine this film being any better considering what it was trying to accomplish

I agree, rented it last week. When I first heard about it I thought it was a joke. When I first saw the trailer I laughed. Nay, cackled. But I heard some positive reviews from friends/relatives so I checked it out. Absolutely best movie since the original. With this one flick I can forgive every bad sequel that came out. I only own the original from the entire series, but I think I'll add this one to it.

9/10
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby cordscords » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:40 pm

Fun With Dick And Jane (New):

4/10
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby citybirds27 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:00 am

South Park movie... hey it says rate last movie you saw...

HILARIOUS :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b
citybirds27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ironman » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:33 pm

luckygehrig wrote:I really liked Blues Brothers. It had it all. There was comedy, music legends, and a pretty decent storyline. Not to mention Belushi. 9/10

Do yourself a favor and get the uncut extended version. If you gave the tv version a 9, then it should rate a solid 10. ;-D
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby CheeseBeger » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:04 pm

A Fish Called Wanda 8.5/10
Fierce Creatures 7.5/10

Had heard of them but never actually seen them. Wanda has some pretty great quotes in it. I need to memorize what Cleese says when he is being hung out the window.

Hmm the green ones aren't ripe yet! B-)
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby j24jags » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:22 pm

Disturbia 7.5/10
Not bad at all, but it turned into more of a love story than horror, I was hoping for the latter. There were a few cool scenes, pretty well done, don't think I'll buy it when it comes out but I've definitely seen worse. ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby luckygehrig » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am

ironman wrote:
luckygehrig wrote:I really liked Blues Brothers. It had it all. There was comedy, music legends, and a pretty decent storyline. Not to mention Belushi. 9/10

Do yourself a favor and get the uncut extended version. If you gave the tv version a 9, then it should rate a solid 10. ;-D

Thanks for the tip! I'll check that one out. It's definitely one that I plan on owning.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk