Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:38 pm

Little Miss Sunshine was fantastic. I'd give it a 9-9.5/10. Definitely see it when it comes out on DVD.

Gangs of New York - Ditto. Liked it a lot.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 1337_Dude » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:41 pm

Madison wrote:
1337_Dude wrote:
Madison wrote:I'm going to go back and watch all 3 in a row and then rank them, but currently I've got part 3 as the best, the original in second, and part two as third on the list. Very well could change since it's been awhile since I watched parts one and two, but we'll see. B-)

I rank them the same way. 2 didn't do too much for me and I just loved 1 and 3.

Madison wrote:Oh, and yes, I'm definitely rooting for a part IV. ;-D

Already announced actually. :-D
Comingsoon.net wrote: Lionsgate Planning Saw IV for Halloween '07
Source: The Associated Press
October 30, 2006

With Saw III making $34.3 million in its first three days, a record for Lionsgate, the studio is already planning a fourth installment for the same time next year. The Associated Press reports:

Since the low-budget "Saw" debuted with $18.3 million over the same weekend two years ago, Lionsgate has turned the franchise into an annual ritual with quickly produced sequels each Halloween.

Whoo Hoo! An early Christmas present :-D . Thanks! ;-D

Just call me Santa_Dude.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:48 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Gangs of New York - Ditto. Liked it a lot.

I really liked that movie as well, and I didn't think I would. I don't care for DiCaprio (sp?) or the chick in the film (can't remember her name), but the villain in the movie was great. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:12 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

I really liked that movie as well, and I didn't think I would. I don't care for DiCaprio (sp?) or the chick in the film (can't remember her name), but the villain in the movie was great. ;-D

I think Leo has redeemed himself from the Titanic dorkfest with movies like Gangs, Catch Me If You Can, The Aviator, The Departed and Blood Diamond. He could have Afflecked himself into any garbage script that came along, but he chose challenging roles and I give him credit for it.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:14 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

I think Leo has redeemed himself from the Titanic dorkfest with movies like Gangs, Catch Me If You Can, The Aviator, The Departed and Blood Diamond. He could have Afflecked himself into any garbage script that came along, but he chose challenging roles and I give him credit for it.

He is a great actor, far more talented than Affleck could ever dream of. But I think it still makes you gay if he is your favorite actor. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:15 pm

Yoda wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

He is a great actor, far more talented than Affleck could ever dream of. But I think it still makes you gay if he is your favorite actor. :-D

Yea he definitly can't be your favorite actor..that has to be Ed Norton
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:18 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Yeah, I think the only people who consider him their favorite actor are 13 year old girls who still watch their VHS copies of Titanic once a week.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:20 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

I like Christian Bale but in a totally non-homo way. His roles are ridiculous tough and yet he makes them so convincing. Batman, Equilibrium, American Psycho, Machinists were all pretty badass movies.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:22 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Yeah, I think the only people who consider him their favorite actor are 13 year old girls who still watch their VHS copies of Titanic once a week.

Dude I met a 10 yo boy last summer in Greece and that is his fav movie of all time. I almost hit the floor when he said that as he was watching it.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:22 pm

by no means do i call leo my favorite actor, but his recent roles have been absolutely amazing and he definitely has redeemed himself. people have been calling him scorcese's new de niro..i wouldnt go that far, but ive had a new found respect for him.

just watched along came polly a few hours ago...not too bad, got a few laughs... 5-6/10....not a big ben stiller fan, but he was all right.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk