Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby J35J » Sat May 12, 2012 10:26 am

bigh0rt wrote:
jfg wrote:I guess I did miss all the hype... why? It's a superhero movie. Maybe it's good, I'll see it at some point, but I didn't know that many comic book fans existed let alone Avengers fans. Superman Returns had a ton of hype, Batman: Dark Knight had probably the most hype ever and they didn't smash records.

I've never read a comic ever but I love the movies. And I imagine Dark Knight Rises will make a ridiculous amount of money at the box office.

Thats what I was going to say. I've never actually read a comic book all the way through but I like the movies. I also bet there are more comic book fans than you'd guess...they just don't let it be known. :-b
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 390)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Rate the last movie you saw

Postby lastingsgriller » Mon May 14, 2012 2:28 pm

Avengers 2 should just have Thor, iron man, hulk, and Scarlett johanson's butt. They're all in a completely different class than the other avengers.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 169)

Postby Inukchuk » Tue May 15, 2012 1:01 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I find it funny though that they have a god, the hulk and ironman who can stand with these other two. Standing next to them acting just as tough is a little guy who shoots arrows and a chick who is pretty good at martial arts. :-b Those two are pretty ridiculous and just do not fit in.

Yeah, that's always been an Avengers pet peeve of mine... even Captain America is a little out of his league.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Tavish » Tue May 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I find it funny though that they have a god, the hulk and ironman who can stand with these other two. Standing next to them acting just as tough is a little guy who shoots arrows and a chick who is pretty good at martial arts. :-b Those two are pretty ridiculous and just do not fit in.

Yeah, that's always been an Avengers pet peeve of mine... even Captain America is a little out of his league.

The Hulk wasn't with the Avengers for very long (maybe 1 or 2 issues) and Thor was fairly on and off. For the most part the Avengers had somewhat tame members. Captain America was always out of his league even in his own comic, it was part of his draw. Nothing inspires kids quite like a patriotic soldier all hopped up on the best designer steroids the US Army could make.

And yes I was a comic book kid.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby jfg » Wed May 16, 2012 12:23 am

I want to see a trilogy made out of the Civil War series. That would be epic. It will never happen though because of who owns each character.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby Tavish » Wed May 16, 2012 10:49 am

jfg wrote:I want to see a trilogy made out of the Civil War series. That would be epic. It will never happen though because of who owns each character.

I finished reading Marvel comics right around the time of The Infinity Gauntlet, so I am pretty excited to see how they adapt that for Avengers 2. What would really be awesome is to see some of the Vertigo classics adapted. A Preacher movie was apparently greenlighted awhile back. It won't be a special effects monster like the Marvel ones are, but the characters are way more interesting (think a cross between an epic Western, Constantine, and Da Vinci Code). A Sandman movie would be next on my wish list.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby jfg » Wed May 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Sandman is my #1 as well since Watchmen was done (and done well in my opinion, not sure why there was so much backlash on that one) and American Splendor somehow got a movie made (which also was awesome). I've read a few Preacher issues and I like it but haven't got around to start reading it all. Top Ten would probably be #2 on my list.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Thu May 17, 2012 12:54 pm

jfg wrote:Sandman is my #1 as well since Watchmen was done (and done well in my opinion, not sure why there was so much backlash on that one) and American Splendor somehow got a movie made (which also was awesome). I've read a few Preacher issues and I like it but haven't got around to start reading it all. Top Ten would probably be #2 on my list.
As a non-comic book/graphic novel person, it was painful to even get through start to finish. Just uninteresting and unengaging on every level for me. You couldn't pay me to watch it a second time through.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby jfg » Thu May 17, 2012 10:21 pm

What I didn't get is that fans of the graphic novel didn't like it. It was shot by shot, faithful to the comic, even more so in the ultimate cut. But, fans cried foul that Snyder didn't show enough imagination. You can't win with comic book fanboys, if he had shown imagination they would have called him out for not staying true to the story. I guess people can't forgive him for 300 which I guess is fair. :-b
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Inukchuk » Fri May 18, 2012 1:31 pm

jfg wrote: I guess people can't forgive him for 300 which I guess is fair. :-b

Huh? I thought 300 was amazing... one of my favorite all time movies...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk