Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby J35J » Fri May 11, 2012 7:27 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:The ads make it look like an explosion-fest. Snore

It's not.

AussieDodger wrote:And apparently The Hulk flies through the air like a bird now?
If you say so ;-7

He doesn't.

Watch the movie dummy.

I haven't seen the movie yet but just wanted to say that The Hulk has always had huge leaping abilities so if all you see is a 2 second clip of him "flying" through the air it's likely just that...his typical, huge leaping abilities.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 390)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 11, 2012 7:46 am

J35J wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:The ads make it look like an explosion-fest. Snore

It's not.

AussieDodger wrote:And apparently The Hulk flies through the air like a bird now?
If you say so ;-7

He doesn't.

Watch the movie dummy.

I haven't seen the movie yet but just wanted to say that The Hulk has always had huge leaping abilities so if all you see is a 2 second clip of him "flying" through the air it's likely just that...his typical, huge leaping abilities.

He's not flying or leaping. He is obviously being blown forward by explosions. Happens all the time.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Inukchuk » Fri May 11, 2012 10:13 am

J35J wrote:I haven't seen the movie yet but just wanted to say that The Hulk has always had huge leaping abilities so if all you see is a 2 second clip of him "flying" through the air it's likely just that...his typical, huge leaping abilities.

Yeah, I remember someone once writing that he could actually leap into orbit... I think that might be a bit much... :-b
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:50 am

Exactly. He's climbing buildings and jumping around a lot. I would hardly call that flying like a bird. How much I enjoyed his character surprised me the most out of the whole experience.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 430)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Took the afternoon off to see it today. 9/10
Excellent movie.
Hulk steals the show at the end.
I find it funny though that they have a god, the hulk and ironman who can stand with these other two. Standing next to them acting just as tough is a little guy who shoots arrows and a chick who is pretty good at martial arts. :-b Those two are pretty ridiculous and just do not fit in.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jfg » Fri May 11, 2012 9:12 pm

I find it odd that this movie did so amazingly well. Thor, Captain America and Hulk movies have all been mediocre at best and did ok in the theaters moneywise. Ironman movies did well I guess. There aren't that many comic book nerds out there, so is this all due to that it's kicking off the summer season and there isn't anything else out right now? Even if it is a good movie, I'm just shocked by the numbers it's putting up.

Edit: Wow, just looked at Rotten Tomatoes to see what else is out there right now. What a bunch of crappy movies, or movies that have been out for weeks. They are going to give the Avengers sequel a 250 million dollar budget and it's going to be a bust. There's no way that this movie would have made anywhere near this much if there was even one movie that opened to challenge it.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri May 11, 2012 11:41 pm

jfg wrote:I find it odd that this movie did so amazingly well. Thor, Captain America and Hulk movies have all been mediocre at best and did ok in the theaters moneywise. Ironman movies did well I guess. There aren't that many comic book nerds out there, so is this all due to that it's kicking off the summer season and there isn't anything else out right now? Even if it is a good movie, I'm just shocked by the numbers it's putting up.

Edit: Wow, just looked at Rotten Tomatoes to see what else is out there right now. What a bunch of crappy movies, or movies that have been out for weeks. They are going to give the Avengers sequel a 250 million dollar budget and it's going to be a bust. There's no way that this movie would have made anywhere near this much if there was even one movie that opened to challenge it.

There has been massive, massive hype surrounding this film for a year. Did you miss it all? Movies avoided opening this week so they wouldn't have to go up against it.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby jfg » Sat May 12, 2012 12:12 am

I guess I did miss all the hype... why? It's a superhero movie. Maybe it's good, I'll see it at some point, but I didn't know that many comic book fans existed let alone Avengers fans. Superman Returns had a ton of hype, Batman: Dark Knight had probably the most hype ever and they didn't smash records.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat May 12, 2012 8:44 am

Yeah, there has been huge hype over this movie for years actually.
They were actually calling the Thor and Captain America movies as precursors to this one. Never have I seen a movie where they actually made other big budget movies just to set the stage.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby bigh0rt » Sat May 12, 2012 10:08 am

jfg wrote:I guess I did miss all the hype... why? It's a superhero movie. Maybe it's good, I'll see it at some point, but I didn't know that many comic book fans existed let alone Avengers fans. Superman Returns had a ton of hype, Batman: Dark Knight had probably the most hype ever and they didn't smash records.

I've never read a comic ever but I love the movies. And I imagine Dark Knight Rises will make a ridiculous amount of money at the box office.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk