100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby silentjim » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:46 am

lastingsgriller wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Battle los angeles 3/10

stupid, poor written and wtf were you thinking aaron eckhart?

agreed. I was very disappointed with this movie. seeing that for me, personally, you really can't go wrong with a movie involving aliens and alien weapons fighting on earth. yet, I did not enjoy this.

This movie was horrible. Spoiler Alert: When an alien civilization comes from outerspace to attack earth, they most definitely have the technology to have flying aliens attack. Assuming they can't is absolutely insane.
silentjim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod
(Past Year: 87)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mona88 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:12 pm

Saw Series 5
8/10
mona88
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:53 pm

The Muppets: 10/10 Fantasic movie.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 453)

Postby j24jags » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:53 pm

The Sitter: 3/10. Just over-the-top stupid, not that funny. The reason I loved Jonah Hill's other movies (Judd Apatow movies) so much is that they had at least a slight element of realism, enough that you could relate to the characters. This one was just dumb.

The Rise of the Planet of the Apes: 8/10. Really enjoyable movie. The writing and CGI were both great. The person/CGI that played Caesar (the main ape) were amazing. I really felt an emotional connection to him and it was easy to understand his actions. Cool movie.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby markj11 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:45 am

Had my annual sit down with Bad Santa. Great movie, while I passed on my annual watching of Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story, I don't see me passing on Bad Santa anytime soon.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby silentjim » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:46 am

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011): 8.5/10

Haven't seen the original Swedish version, nor did I read the book(s). But I felt like this was a great adaptation. Darker than I expected as I tried to stay away from spoilers and general plot giveaways. The direction, cinematography, and acting were all phenomenal. Despite the pretty long run time of the movie, I liked that it seemed more true to what I assume the book brought. They had a lot of secondary plots, which a lot of book adaptions avoid. I think a lot of it has to do with the second and third one's coming out sometime, but I still enjoyed getting more of it.

From a twist and turn point of view, it wasn't the most creative or imaginative thing ever created, but definitely worth keeping your attention and pretty good for considering almost everything has been done to this point.
silentjim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod
(Past Year: 87)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:34 pm

silentjim wrote:Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011): 8.5/10

Haven't seen the original Swedish version, nor did I read the book(s). But I felt like this was a great adaptation. Darker than I expected as I tried to stay away from spoilers and general plot giveaways. The direction, cinematography, and acting were all phenomenal. Despite the pretty long run time of the movie, I liked that it seemed more true to what I assume the book brought. They had a lot of secondary plots, which a lot of book adaptions avoid. I think a lot of it has to do with the second and third one's coming out sometime, but I still enjoyed getting more of it.

From a twist and turn point of view, it wasn't the most creative or imaginative thing ever created, but definitely worth keeping your attention and pretty good for considering almost everything has been done to this point.

saw this too, and i had problem understanding the english of the girl at certain crucial points because of her european accent.... but overall, it's an interesting story. i read on wiki about the original book and the first movie and they're all a bit different.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:44 pm

Arthur Christmas 8.5/10
Take your kid to see this today or tomorrow. Heartwarming and very well made.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 282)

Postby jfg » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:10 pm

Tintin was pretty good. It felt long, but that could just be because I had to go to the bathroom the last 45 minutes. If you grew up with Tintin, you'll love it. We saw it in IMAX 3D which I wouldn't recommend. It didn't have the wow factor like other movies I've seen in the format so I rather would have just not worn the glasses.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 95)

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:07 pm

jfg wrote:Tintin was pretty good. It felt long, but that could just be because I had to go to the bathroom the last 45 minutes. If you grew up with Tintin, you'll love it. We saw it in IMAX 3D which I wouldn't recommend. It didn't have the wow factor like other movies I've seen in the format so I rather would have just not worn the glasses.

I did grow up with Tintin and I loved it. 8.5/10

the new Mission Impossibe 6/10
I think that the action was good but for the life of me I can't remember a single thing about this movie. It was the most forgettable thing that I think I've ever seen.

Get him to the Greek 6.5/10
cute then dark then cute again

Red Riding Hood (2011) 8/10
I really liked this. It was gripping and well made.

I have decided to stop consulting Rotten Tomatoes. They gave that stinking pile of poo called Drive 93%. It was pretentious, boring and garbage and I saw it based upon their recommendation. I'm glad that I didn't check their rating of Red Riding Hood until after I saw it. They gave it 11%. IMO the ratings for Drive and RRH should be switched. They hated RRH just because it was directed by the Twilight director. They were completely prejudiced against it. I know that it is a compilation of various critics but they all seem to suck on that site. Boycott Rotten Tomotes.

Rotten Tomatoes 2/10
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 282)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk