Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby bleach168 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:38 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:I just read the Law review a page back. Psh, whatever. I knew some of it was historically inaccurate but it didn't make it any less enjoyable for me. And call me crazy, but the lack of action didn't bother me a bit. Still recommend it highly.

The only thing I didn't like about the movie was the complete lack of coverage on the ALDS series against Minnesota. This is probably because I'm from Minnesota and that was one of the most memorable series' of all-time for me, but it was a pretty incredible series. coming down to the last out in game 5 (5 game series).

Also, I didn't like all the insinuation that Scott Hatteberg and Chad Bradford played such huge roles in their success. but Tejada, Chavez, and Dye get no love for their offense. and, somehow, Zito-Hudson-Mulder is not even mentioned..

but, good movie, nonetheless.

The on-field action was boring. I didn't want more; I wanted less. They spent way too long on the A's winning streak as if it was the equivalent of winning the world series. Sabermetricians don't care about winning streaks.

The book didn't give much credit to zito-hudson-mulder or Dye. It railed about how horrible Tejada was. So the movie stayed true in that respect. Chavez did get a lot of props in the book as I recall.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:28 am

Senna - 8/10

I was too young to remember anything from the beginning of his career, but I remember a lot of stuff from 89/90 on, particularly his win in Brazil with only the sixth gear in the last few laps, Nigel Mansell going off track in Japan to give Senna the championship, and watching his last race in Imola.

I loved the footages of the pre-races meeting, but I felt some things in the film were inaccurate and try to make his story "better".
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:46 am

Cowboys and Aliens 5/10
Of course the story and ending were stupid but I had hoped for it to not take itself so seriously and maybe be a little more camp. But it wasn't. Harrison Ford just scowled the entire movie. Not worth it.

X-Men First Class 8/10
Cool movie. Pleasantly surprised.

Captain America 7/10
Not as good as x-men but also pleasantly surprised by this one. Action was good.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:18 am

Sup guys, my girlfriend wants to watch a scary movie this weekend but I'm not a fan of them. Someone give me something that's a kinda scary/suspenseful but won't scare the bejeezus out of me kthx.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:43 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:Sup guys, my girlfriend wants to watch a scary movie this weekend but I'm not a fan of them. Someone give me something that's a kinda scary/suspenseful but won't scare the bejeezus out of me kthx.

I saw Paranormal Activity 3. if you grow a sack to hold your bejeezus in, It probably won't scare them out. relatively entertaining. you prolly won't hate it, but it's nothing to write home about either.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:00 am

lastingsgriller wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:Sup guys, my girlfriend wants to watch a scary movie this weekend but I'm not a fan of them. Someone give me something that's a kinda scary/suspenseful but won't scare the bejeezus out of me kthx.

I saw Paranormal Activity 3. if you grow a sack to hold your bejeezus in, It probably won't scare them out. relatively entertaining. you prolly won't hate it, but it's nothing to write home about either.

ya eff that. not looking for something in theaters anyways. so far i've been told silence of the lambs and dawn of the dead should meet my criteria.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:20 pm

Human Centipede
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:12 pm

you guys suck.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby ayebatter » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:09 pm

If you don't want straight horror, but short shocks and suspense, try "Play Misty for Me".
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1387)

Postby mweir145 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:17 am

The Silence of the Lambs is a great movie. You should really see it if you haven't before.

And which Dawn of the Dead? Romero's one from the 70s or the more recent one? Both are pretty good, but I like Romero's a bit more.

I also recently watched John Carpenter's The Thing for the first time in years. That's another good horror movie that delves into human paranoia and fear, would recommend it (and it's nothing that would scare you).
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk