Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:24 pm

Moneyball 10/10

Somehow I think I love this movie as much as I loved the book. Really didn't know how it was going to translate, but it was incredible. Thought everyone in the film did an amazing job. Highly recommend this.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:40 pm

I just read the Law review a page back. Psh, whatever. I knew some of it was historically inaccurate but it didn't make it any less enjoyable for me. And call me crazy, but the lack of action didn't bother me a bit. Still recommend it highly.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby StlSluggers » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:22 pm

All The Good Things

Bah. Not very good at all. Boring, and the script seemed to either move too slow or too fast. Never paced itself well.

3/10
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:43 pm

StlSluggers wrote:All The Good Things

Bah. Not very good at all. Boring, and the script seemed to either move too slow or too fast. Never paced itself well.

3/10

So it had none of the good things?

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby StlSluggers » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:All The Good Things

3/10

So it had none of the good things?

Do you like Kristin Dunst's bewbs?

It had those, but those are everywhere.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby bleach168 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:20 pm

Moneyball 7.5/10

It's good. I'd recommend it to any baseball fan. But I hate how Hollywood can take a perfectly fine story and add a bunch unnecessary hooks and twists because the audience is ADD.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:20 am

Paul (2011): 7/10
I liked it, would watch again.

Memento (2000): 8/10
Very good. Nice ending

Limitless (2011): 2/10
This was an interesting idea that the film-makers pretty much pi__ed away with crap execution......

1. Bradley Cooper is such an unlike-able yuppie douche that he doesn't really fit the character of struggling writer.

SPOILERS:

2. You've got epicly massive brain power, and you FORGET TO PAY YOUR LOAN SHARK OR EVEN CONTACT HIM???

3. He. Becomes. A. Politician. What in the green bowels of hell?
I know you guys get serious wood over your politicians, but this is the stupidest (and most American cliche) ending they could of thought of. When I saw the political billboard for him flash up, I nearly did an insta-switch off tv. It was that bad.
If it was made anywhere else in the world, this would be the last thing that his character does.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby TheRock » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Went on a mini Netflix horror binge.

Prince of Darkness: 8/10 Classic 80's dark supernatural flick. With Alice Cooper. End of the world type stuff. A bit off the beaten path of mainstream horror flicks.

Ghost Story: 7/10 Well, just that. A ghost story. Here again a unique tale. Guess I like departures from the cliche.

Haunting in Connecticut: 7/10 I guess this one was pretty cliche, bad stuff happens and a house gets haunted. People move in, chaos ensues. Based on a true story they say. Not bad, worth a watch.

Let Me In: 10/10 Have to agree with Sluggo on this one, very well done. Not at all your typical horror flick in any way. Both child actors were superb.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:49 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:I just read the Law review a page back. Psh, whatever. I knew some of it was historically inaccurate but it didn't make it any less enjoyable for me. And call me crazy, but the lack of action didn't bother me a bit. Still recommend it highly.

The only thing I didn't like about the movie was the complete lack of coverage on the ALDS series against Minnesota. This is probably because I'm from Minnesota and that was one of the most memorable series' of all-time for me, but it was a pretty incredible series. coming down to the last out in game 5 (5 game series).

Also, I didn't like all the insinuation that Scott Hatteberg and Chad Bradford played such huge roles in their success. but Tejada, Chavez, and Dye get no love for their offense. and, somehow, Zito-Hudson-Mulder is not even mentioned..

but, good movie, nonetheless.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:26 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:I just read the Law review a page back. Psh, whatever. I knew some of it was historically inaccurate but it didn't make it any less enjoyable for me. And call me crazy, but the lack of action didn't bother me a bit. Still recommend it highly.

The only thing I didn't like about the movie was the complete lack of coverage on the ALDS series against Minnesota. This is probably because I'm from Minnesota and that was one of the most memorable series' of all-time for me, but it was a pretty incredible series. coming down to the last out in game 5 (5 game series).

Also, I didn't like all the insinuation that Scott Hatteberg and Chad Bradford played such huge roles in their success. but Tejada, Chavez, and Dye get no love for their offense. and, somehow, Zito-Hudson-Mulder is not even mentioned..

but, good movie, nonetheless.

Hatteberg and Bradford each had at least their very own chapter dedicated to each of them in the book, as I recall. I imagine this is why they may have gotten more pub in the movie (I haven't seen it).
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk