Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:31 pm

Inukchuk wrote:Harry Potter 7b 8.5/10

Yup, I went to the midnight show. I will never do that again. The lines were ridiculous, the kids were insane, the 2nd row seat I got herded into was hell on my neck, and the 3 hours of sleep I got are about to knock me out any minute now.

The movie itself was very well done, though. I thought 7a was pretty slow moving, but this one had a ton going on. While there were changes from the book, they were pretty well thought out and actually added to the movie.

It was definitely one of the best HP movies, and a well done finale for the series.

An excellent finish and I was satisfied with the development of Snape's character which I found to be the most interesting subplot of the entire series.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:12 pm

cars 2 6/10

On vacation and seeing movies and reading books on the beach. Easily the worst thing ever produced by Pixar. Nothing to speak of for adults here but not total crap. Completely mystified why they would center the movie on Mater who is the JarJarBinks of the first movie. If you have kids wait for the DVD unless you absolutely need to get in an air conditioned theatre for an hour and half. If no kids then stay away.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:49 am

Mookie4ever wrote:cars 2 6/10

On vacation and seeing movies and reading books on the beach. Easily the worst thing ever produced by Pixar. Nothing to speak of for adults here but not total crap. Completely mystified why they would center the movie on Mater who is the JarJarBinks of the first movie. If you have kids wait for the DVD unless you absolutely need to get in an air conditioned theatre for an hour and half. If no kids then stay away.

>easily the worst pixar ever
>6/10
>above average as worst ever
>Fanboy

You a Pirates fan, bro?
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:26 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:Harry Potter 7b 8.5/10

Yup, I went to the midnight show. I will never do that again. The lines were ridiculous, the kids were insane, the 2nd row seat I got herded into was hell on my neck, and the 3 hours of sleep I got are about to knock me out any minute now.

The movie itself was very well done, though. I thought 7a was pretty slow moving, but this one had a ton going on. While there were changes from the book, they were pretty well thought out and actually added to the movie.

It was definitely one of the best HP movies, and a well done finale for the series.

An excellent finish and I was satisfied with the development of Snape's character which I found to be the most interesting subplot of the entire series.

Yeah, thinking back to the movie itself and not the insanity that was a midnight showing, I might actually give it a higher score. I totally agree with you about Snape, and I also really liked Neville's evolution throughout the series.

One addition to the movie that I really liked was the added badassery of McGonagall. In previous movies, she was a little lame, so it was nice to see her portrayed as a powerhouse in this one...

New score: 9.5/10
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:02 pm

Zardoz (1974): 3/10

Holy crap. Psychotic 1970s sci fi is psychotic

The Last Man On Earth (1964): 4/10

This is the original movie that spawned re-makes in Charlton Heston's Omega Man and Will Smith's I Am Legend. It looks like they used the absolute cheapest quality film you can get, because you can't see some outdoors stuff, and it has an absurdly long and boring flashback, but it wasn't totally awful. Now I want to watch the others again :-b

Darby O'Gill And The Little People (1959): 7/10

LOL they don't make Disney movies like this anymore :-b People getting plastered, punch ups, Sean Connery singing, creepy (and surprisingly good) effects for 1959.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 16)

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:30 pm

Horrible bosses: 9/10 Hilarious and exactly what I was expecting/hoping for. Plus Aniston is :-L in it.

Anyone gonna see this next may?
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 12802.html

Turned the board game battleship into a movie where US and Japan battleships are vs Aliens :-{

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:01 pm

Horrible Bosses - 8.5/10 - Hysterical. Nice to see Charlie Day get to showcase his hilarity somewhere other than Always Sunny. He's an incredibly funny supporting character. Also Jennifer Aniston I don't think has ever been hotter than with the dark hair and the bangs in this flick. :-L

Captain America - 8/10 - I have no idea what Capt. America's story is, as somehow I dodged reading a single comic book in my entire life, but this was entertaining, surprisingly so. Really enjoyed it for the duration, though the plot device at the end was a little eh (maybe that's how it happens in the comic though? I dunno...)

Harry Potter 7.2 - 9/10 - For a movie that was over 2 hours long, this thing flew. The action was great, and I really enjoyed the experience. Having not read the books, I have a lot of questions about the series, but my sister typically does a good job at wrapping those up for me when I remember to ask. Part of it did feel a little rushed, and I don't think I would have been disappointed had it been longer, given how quickly it moved. Very rare for me to say that about a movie. They look like child molesters as adults, though, in the epilogue portion.

Bad Teacher - 7/10 - I think I'm the only person alive who found this movie even remotely entertaining. I enjoyed it, but maybe that's because I'm a teacher. Cameron Diaz is smokin' hot in it and the other female teacher has a great rack on display for most of the movie. Segal and Timberlake both got laughs out of me, and it was good fun.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:05 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Also Jennifer Aniston I don't think has ever been hotter than with the dark hair and the bangs in this flick. :-L

Right?! I never was even close to a fan before this
Last edited by DbacksRback on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:19 pm

Hallpass - 9/10. Not sure why so many disliked the movie but it entertained the hell out of me. Some really good laughs! Everyone needs to see it just to learn what 'Fake Chow' is. :-b
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby urbanbreez » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:21 pm

she looked amazing.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager