Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tuff_gong » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:05 pm

I saw Grindhouse last night. It is awesome.

Planet Terror 9/10

Death Proof 9/10. I don't know why some people didn't like Death Proof. It was great. All the dialouge was very Tarantino-ish. And Kurt Russell is great.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HiddenIdentity » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:09 pm

Is there an actual intermission between the two movies in Grindhouse? Or do they just start one right after the other?
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby tuff_gong » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:40 pm

HiddenIdentity wrote:Is there an actual intermission between the two movies in Grindhouse? Or do they just start one right after the other?

Yeah, there is an intermission between the two with a few movie trailers that are pretty funny.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby j24jags » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:53 pm

Premonition
5/10
Good movie, awful awful ending. The ending made me angry lol, it was so dull and cliche. They did not tie up all the loose ends.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:46 am

tuff_gong wrote:I saw Grindhouse last night. It is awesome.

Planet Terror 9/10

Death Proof 9/10. I don't know why some people didn't like Death Proof. It was great. All the dialouge was very Tarantino-ish. And Kurt Russell is great.

Amen, bro. I enjoyed both equally, but I cannot stop raving about the chase scenes at the end of Death Proof. Simply, the greatest car chase scene I've ever seen in a film. Stuntwoman/actress Zoe Bell is incredible and Kurt was perfect casting. I understand the Stuntman Mike role was originally meant for Mickey Rourke, but I really think Russell owned that part and made it his own. Tremendous film.
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby j24jags » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:43 am

Shooter 7.5/10
Good movie, dragged out a bit though. Very good job by Wahlberg and Glover. The redhead girl looks great in it ;-D Some interesting fight scenes, violence, intensity, good plot, just very very long. If you have the time I'd recommend seeing it. However, it won't kill you to wait for it on demand or DVD/video.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:14 am

Saw The Departed today, thought it was very good, but I don't understand the best picture award going to it. Nothing against MS, maybe they just owed him one, but this was just a great movie, not a best of the year movie. Had some great performances though, can't say anything bad about it, besides what I said pertaining to not being the ebst movie of last year, although that's hardly a knock.

8.5/10
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Old_Style » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:08 am

I saw The Lookout the other day. Kind of a slow moving story, the acting was alright. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Jeff Daniels does play a solid blind guy though. ;-D

5/10
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:07 am

The Prestige 7/10

Enjoyed this movie thoroughly, mostly thanks to the Nolan Bros. great writing and directing, and the non-linear storyline that followed the "three parts of an illusion."

The end semi fooled me; I think I could have figured it out if I wasn't so distracted by the storyline itself which was ingenious since that was the idea. The plot was actually setup like a magic trick. Recommended.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:44 am

j24jags wrote:Premonition
5/10
Good movie, awful awful ending. The ending made me angry lol, it was so dull and cliche. They did not tie up all the loose ends.

What loose ends? What cliche ending? I thought everything was tied up quite well, and without saying too much, the ending was definitely not cliche. There were some temporal inconsistencies, but that was the worst of the movie, imo. I thought it was better than a five. Maybe a 6.5/10 or so... The filming was very intense with all of those close-ups and everything. My wife was very stressed out after watching it.

Stranger Than Fiction
Loved it. There were a couple slow points, but still a 8.5/10.

The Departed
Gah! Talk about violent. I think 95% of the kills in that movie were head shots. The plot was intriguing. My heart was racing during the scene with the Chinese thugs. Overall, I thought it was a bit over-hyped. I didn't think Jack Nicholson's character was good at all. There was nothing new about it. It was just crazy Jack being crazy Jack. He didn't do anything in this movie that I hadn't already seen from him in other movies.

I know they were the stars and all, but with so many big names, it's worth saying that DiCaprio and Damon stole this movie. They were awesome. I thought that Wahlberg's character, while over the top, was commanding when he was on-screen.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk