Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Um, it's clearly Batman and Robin.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:20 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:The Fantastic Mr. Fox 9.5/10
The best of Wess Anderson and George Clooney. Hiliarious and the kids will enjoy it even if they don't understand it.

George Clooney's best movie was an animation voice over? 8-o

Seriously, I think his "best work" might be Three Kings - at least as far as entertainment goes.

I think his best work was as Sparky on South Park.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:28 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:The Fantastic Mr. Fox 9.5/10
The best of Wess Anderson and George Clooney. Hiliarious and the kids will enjoy it even if they don't understand it.

George Clooney's best movie was an animation voice over? 8-o

Seriously, I think his "best work" might be Three Kings - at least as far as entertainment goes.

Who are you quoting when you say "best work"? You put quotes around it so I'm guessing that someone said it.
I said that it is the best of Clooney and Wes Anderson. Everything you like about those guys and none of the stuff that you don't like. Both can be annoying at times.
Clooney's best work was in O, Brother, Good Night and Good Luck, Michael Clayton and Up in the Air. Oceans 11, Syriana and The Perfect Storm were also better than Three Kings.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:13 pm

Clooneys best work was clearly on Roseanne
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:16 am

KCollins1304 wrote:Ken Jeong(chinese guy) is pretty funny on Community, he pretty much only plays variations of that same character though.

Pop pop!
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:56 am

RedHopeful wrote:Invictus - 7/10. Would have given it a higher grade but was a bit disappointed with Morgan Freeman's accent. Also, the movie needed a little more editing as that was one heck of a long rugby game. :-° Good thing the movie ended with the euphoric feeling of winning the game because their has still been plenty of problems/resentment since then...

I finally saw Invictus for myself and enjoyed it. Though it did leave me wishing the movie focused more on the background and story of Nelson Mandela. Freeman did a great job and I would have liked to see his role hit this a little harder. Definitely a feel good movie, though
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:Um, it's clearly Batman and Robin.

:-b
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:50 pm

joejlitz wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Invictus - 7/10. Would have given it a higher grade but was a bit disappointed with Morgan Freeman's accent. Also, the movie needed a little more editing as that was one heck of a long rugby game. :-° Good thing the movie ended with the euphoric feeling of winning the game because their has still been plenty of problems/resentment since then...

I finally saw Invictus for myself and enjoyed it. Though it did leave me wishing the movie focused more on the background and story of Nelson Mandela. Freeman did a great job and I would have liked to see his role hit this a little harder. Definitely a feel good movie, though

The filmmakers also conveniently left out the part in which some dodgy waitress spiked the Kiwis' water and hence, why the majority of New Zealand players were ill. Isn't that right, KiwiAthletic?
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:31 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
joejlitz wrote:

The filmmakers also conveniently left out the part in which some dodgy waitress spiked the Kiwis' water and hence, why the majority of New Zealand players were ill. Isn't that right, KiwiAthletic?

100% correct.
Most. Tainted. Victory. Of. All. Time.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 16)

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:00 pm

urbanbreez wrote:That True Grit is a flippin' masterpiece. Coen brothers confirmed for best in the business. Only thing better than the written dialog was how it's delivered by a cast of superb actors, including the 14 year old girl, but in particular, Jeff Bridges. The cinematography was a 10. Dialog a 10. It was hilarious. It was massively entertaining. It was about as good as it can ever be.

True Grit 9.9999999999999/10

Agreed.
Just saw this and that teenage girl is fantastic - she steals the show, IMO. Bridges is awesome, too and the story/dialogue is great. Highly recommended, especially if you like Westerns.
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk