Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Um, it's clearly Batman and Robin.
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Tavish » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:20 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:The Fantastic Mr. Fox 9.5/10
The best of Wess Anderson and George Clooney. Hiliarious and the kids will enjoy it even if they don't understand it.

George Clooney's best movie was an animation voice over? 8-o

Seriously, I think his "best work" might be Three Kings - at least as far as entertainment goes.

I think his best work was as Sparky on South Park.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11067
(Past Year: 34)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:28 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:The Fantastic Mr. Fox 9.5/10
The best of Wess Anderson and George Clooney. Hiliarious and the kids will enjoy it even if they don't understand it.

George Clooney's best movie was an animation voice over? 8-o

Seriously, I think his "best work" might be Three Kings - at least as far as entertainment goes.


Who are you quoting when you say "best work"? You put quotes around it so I'm guessing that someone said it.
I said that it is the best of Clooney and Wes Anderson. Everything you like about those guys and none of the stuff that you don't like. Both can be annoying at times.
Clooney's best work was in O, Brother, Good Night and Good Luck, Michael Clayton and Up in the Air. Oceans 11, Syriana and The Perfect Storm were also better than Three Kings.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19542
(Past Year: 281)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:13 pm

Clooneys best work was clearly on Roseanne
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:16 am

KCollins1304 wrote:Ken Jeong(chinese guy) is pretty funny on Community, he pretty much only plays variations of that same character though.

Pop pop!
Image
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 466
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:56 am

RedHopeful wrote:Invictus - 7/10. Would have given it a higher grade but was a bit disappointed with Morgan Freeman's accent. Also, the movie needed a little more editing as that was one heck of a long rugby game. :-° Good thing the movie ended with the euphoric feeling of winning the game because their has still been plenty of problems/resentment since then...



I finally saw Invictus for myself and enjoyed it. Though it did leave me wishing the movie focused more on the background and story of Nelson Mandela. Freeman did a great job and I would have liked to see his role hit this a little harder. Definitely a feel good movie, though
Image
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 466
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:Um, it's clearly Batman and Robin.


:-b
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:50 pm

joejlitz wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Invictus - 7/10. Would have given it a higher grade but was a bit disappointed with Morgan Freeman's accent. Also, the movie needed a little more editing as that was one heck of a long rugby game. :-° Good thing the movie ended with the euphoric feeling of winning the game because their has still been plenty of problems/resentment since then...



I finally saw Invictus for myself and enjoyed it. Though it did leave me wishing the movie focused more on the background and story of Nelson Mandela. Freeman did a great job and I would have liked to see his role hit this a little harder. Definitely a feel good movie, though


The filmmakers also conveniently left out the part in which some dodgy waitress spiked the Kiwis' water and hence, why the majority of New Zealand players were ill. Isn't that right, KiwiAthletic?
Image
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21885
(Past Year: 623)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Not nineteen forever

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:31 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
joejlitz wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Invictus - 7/10. Would have given it a higher grade but was a bit disappointed with Morgan Freeman's accent. Also, the movie needed a little more editing as that was one heck of a long rugby game. :-° Good thing the movie ended with the euphoric feeling of winning the game because their has still been plenty of problems/resentment since then...



I finally saw Invictus for myself and enjoyed it. Though it did leave me wishing the movie focused more on the background and story of Nelson Mandela. Freeman did a great job and I would have liked to see his role hit this a little harder. Definitely a feel good movie, though


The filmmakers also conveniently left out the part in which some dodgy waitress spiked the Kiwis' water and hence, why the majority of New Zealand players were ill. Isn't that right, KiwiAthletic?


100% correct.
Most. Tainted. Victory. Of. All. Time.
Image
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11354
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:00 pm

urbanbreez wrote:That True Grit is a flippin' masterpiece. Coen brothers confirmed for best in the business. Only thing better than the written dialog was how it's delivered by a cast of superb actors, including the 14 year old girl, but in particular, Jeff Bridges. The cinematography was a 10. Dialog a 10. It was hilarious. It was massively entertaining. It was about as good as it can ever be.

True Grit 9.9999999999999/10

Agreed.
Just saw this and that teenage girl is fantastic - she steals the show, IMO. Bridges is awesome, too and the story/dialogue is great. Highly recommended, especially if you like Westerns.
Image
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 466
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact