Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:32 am

Winters Bone 17 year old girl who takes care of her sick mom and little brother and sister has to find her meth cooking daddy who skipped his court date after putting the family home up for collateral. most of it takes place in the Ozarks of Southern Missouri which makes Australia look like paradise...lots of shady backwoods characters
not really a lot of hijinks but pretty good flick...the chick is being considered for Best Actress i think
8/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lastingsgriller » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:28 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Winters Bone 17 year old girl who takes care of her sick mom and little brother and sister has to find her meth cooking daddy who skipped his court date after putting the family home up for collateral. most of it takes place in the Ozarks of Southern Missouri which makes Australia look like paradise...lots of shady backwoods characters
not really a lot of hijinks but pretty good flick...the chick is being considered for Best Actress i think
8/10

saw that.. pretty good. I was under the impression it took place in Arkansas, though.. same difference I guess.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby RugbyD » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:28 pm

Salt - 2/10
Imagine what your face would look like if you ate a teaspoon of salt. That's the kind of face you make after watching this movie.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:37 pm

RugbyD wrote:Salt - 2/10
Imagine what your face would look like if you ate a teaspoon of salt. That's the kind of face you make after watching this movie.

It wasn't that bad. So long as you weren't expecting a dramatic masterpiece. If you wanted a light action/adventure, this wasn't bad.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:45 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
RugbyD wrote:Salt - 2/10

It wasn't that bad. So long as you weren't expecting a dramatic masterpiece. If you wanted a light action/adventure, this wasn't bad.

my buddy gave it a rating of "bleh"
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:48 am

lastingsgriller wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:Winters Bone 17 year old girl who takes care of her sick mom and little brother and sister has to find her meth cooking daddy who skipped his court date after putting the family home up for collateral. most of it takes place in the Ozarks of Southern Missouri which makes Australia look like paradise...lots of shady backwoods characters
8/10

saw that.. pretty good. I was under the impression it took place in Arkansas, though.. same difference I guess.

i think it was near the border...

anyway i forgot the epic quote
"I already told you to shut up with my mouth"
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby lastingsgriller » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:58 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:
8/10

i think it was near the border...

anyway i forgot the epic quote
"I already told you to shut up with my mouth"

haha.. easily the best line in the movie.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby j24jags » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:39 am

The Fighter-8.5/10

Great movie. The boxing scenes were extremely well-done. Christian Bale did a really great job (He probably won't win best supporting actor, but he would be worth of a nomination). Wahlberg was very good and so was Amy Adams. Very interesting story and very well-done all around. Best sports movie in a while IMO. ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:43 am

j24jags wrote:The Fighter-8.5/10

Great movie. The boxing scenes were extremely well-done. Christian Bale did a really great job (He probably won't win best supporting actor, but he would be worth of a nomination). Wahlberg was very good and so was Amy Adams. Very interesting story and very well-done all around. Best sports movie in a while IMO. ;-D

You should check out The Damned United and Looking For Eric, both of which were released over the last two years and soccer films. Looking For Eric isn't really oriented around soccer actually, but The Damned United despite its historical inaccuracies (albeit minor except for the climactic scene), is the best sports film I've seen in recent years. Check both out. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby j24jags » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:13 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
j24jags wrote:The Fighter-8.5/10

You should check out The Damned United and Looking For Eric, both of which were released over the last two years and soccer films. Looking For Eric isn't really oriented around soccer actually, but The Damned United despite its historical inaccuracies (albeit minor except for the climactic scene), is the best sports film I've seen in recent years. Check both out. ;-D

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll definitely try to check those out soon ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk