Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:02 am

jake_twothousandfive wrote:I'm in a Sci Fi mood. And it's about time I saw Blade Runner. Which version should I watch? Theatrical, director's cut, or the final cut?

what's the difference between directors cut and final cut? did he go back and tweak things again or did the studio F up his directors cut? either way you'll probably be disapointed after watching it
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:09 pm

Fair Game - 7.5/10 - Very interesting story. The fact that it's true is pretty scary. Also I saw it a few blocks from the White House which I thought was kind of funny.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dAnzac » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Superman III (1983) 5/10

One of those movies that is so bad it's good.
Superman and Richard Pryor buddy movie? What were they thinking :-S
Obviously written by some crotchety old person. Computers are going to kill everyone!

Also: that woman had the sexy times with Superman and survived?.... OK :-?
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:29 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
jake_twothousandfive wrote:I'm in a Sci Fi mood. And it's about time I saw Blade Runner. Which version should I watch? Theatrical, director's cut, or the final cut?

I've never seen any of them. Watch them all and let me know. ;-D

Blade Runner: The Final Cut - 8/10

The entire movie is visually stunning. In that respect it's one of the best movies I've ever seen. The acting is also great. That said, there's a lot to take in and the story moves quickly. As a result I didn't connect with any of the characters and I probably didn't fully appreciate the message this movie tries to send. Maybe repeat viewings would help with that.

It's not in the discussion for my personal favorite movies of all-time but I can see why it would be for some people.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:42 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

The entire movie is visually stunning. In that respect it's one of the best movies I've ever seen. The acting is also great. That said, there's a lot to take in and the story moves quickly. As a result I didn't connect with any of the characters and I probably didn't fully appreciate the message this movie tries to send. Maybe repeat viewings would help with that.

It's not in the discussion for my personal favorite movies of all-time but I can see why it would be for some people.

You should see it again. Blade Runner is one of those films that you should see more than once to get a better appreciation of.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:57 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:what's the difference between directors cut and final cut? did he go back and tweak things again or did the studio F up his directors cut? either way you'll probably be disapointed after watching it

The Final Cut is remastered, incorporates a couple of subtle bits from the original Workprint, and splices in the drawn-out violence from the international theatrical release into the Director's Cut.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:20 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:I've never seen any of them. Watch them all and let me know. ;-D

You should see it again. Blade Runner is one of those films that you should see more than once to get a better appreciation of.

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby markj11 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:37 pm

StlSluggers wrote:

Ok, I finally googled "Blade Runner" and now I'm probably going to have to watch it now. I thought is was a Wesley Snipes movie all this time.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby urbanbreez » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Confessions of a Shopaholic 10/10
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:57 pm

markj11 wrote:Ok, I finally googled "Blade Runner" and now I'm probably going to have to watch it now. I thought is was a Wesley Snipes movie all this time.

made me lol :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk