Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:09 pm

Metroid wrote:Jamie Foxx is in his 40's, I'm comparing guys in their 30's remember? ;-)

I suppose you could throw Ledger's name out there, he'd be 30 now and has an Academy award. What did he win an Oscar for again? Oh yeah, upstaging Bale. :-D

Again, I'm not saying awards or nominations prove anything, but they certainly don't hurt, and have to be taken into account. I think Leo's resume and nominations speak volumes, just as Bale's resume and nominations (or lack thereof) do too.

Okay, Michael Shannon then. In his 30's and was nominated for Revolutionary Road while Leo wasn't. Guess he's better.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:30 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:Really though....Jamie Foxx is not much lower on the list than Bale. His performance in Ray was better than anything Bale has ever done.

And apparently anything Leo has done since he's the only one with an award.


Well.....this is probably correct. His work in Ray was one of the better acting performances of our time. It's DiCaprio's whole body of work that blows his (and obviously Bale's) totally out of the water.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:32 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:Really though....Jamie Foxx is not much lower on the list than Bale. His performance in Ray was better than anything Bale has ever done.

And apparently anything Leo has done since he's the only one with an award.


Well.....this is probably correct. His work in Ray was one of the better acting performances of our time. It's DiCaprio's whole body of work that blows his (and obviously Bale's) totally out of the water.

Except it doesn't but yeah aside from that you're right.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Metroid » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:34 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Metroid wrote:Jamie Foxx is in his 40's, I'm comparing guys in their 30's remember? ;-)

I suppose you could throw Ledger's name out there, he'd be 30 now and has an Academy award. What did he win an Oscar for again? Oh yeah, upstaging Bale. :-D

Again, I'm not saying awards or nominations prove anything, but they certainly don't hurt, and have to be taken into account. I think Leo's resume and nominations speak volumes, just as Bale's resume and nominations (or lack thereof) do too.

Okay, Michael Shannon then. In his 30's and was nominated for Revolutionary Road while Leo wasn't. Guess he's better.

You're seriously reaching man. :-b

And yeah, Aqua knows things.
Image
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFootball Mod
Posts: 5207
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living vicariously through myself.

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:36 pm

Metroid wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Metroid wrote:Jamie Foxx is in his 40's, I'm comparing guys in their 30's remember? ;-)

I suppose you could throw Ledger's name out there, he'd be 30 now and has an Academy award. What did he win an Oscar for again? Oh yeah, upstaging Bale. :-D

Again, I'm not saying awards or nominations prove anything, but they certainly don't hurt, and have to be taken into account. I think Leo's resume and nominations speak volumes, just as Bale's resume and nominations (or lack thereof) do too.

Okay, Michael Shannon then. In his 30's and was nominated for Revolutionary Road while Leo wasn't. Guess he's better.

You're seriously reaching man. :-b

And yeah, Aqua knows things.

Things yes, who the best actor is, no.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Metroid » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:42 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Things yes, who the best actor is, no.

Actually he's pretty right on with who the better actor is. :-D
Image
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFootball Mod
Posts: 5207
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living vicariously through myself.

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Metroid wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:Things yes, who the best actor is, no.

Actually he's pretty right on with who the better actor is. :-D

Maybe on opposite day.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:45 pm

Leo is head and shoulders above Bale, and since it was briefly mentioned, Foxx would be ahead of Bale too.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 326)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:46 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Leo is head and shoulders above Bale, and since it was briefly mentioned, Foxx would be ahead of Bale too.

False.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:33 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Leo is head and shoulders above Bale,


Ya.

I would see a movie because Leo is in it, whereas Bale is just another scumbag actor.
This isn't even close.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact