Inception 10/10 Haven't stopped thinking about the movie since I watched it
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:00 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:Inception (second viewing) - still 10/10 - only the second time I've seen a movie in theaters more than once (Toy Story, when I was like 5), and the first time I shelled out the $ myself

I haven't been able to stop thinking about the movie since I saw it, and am planning to see it again as well.

So what do people think of the end? I think it was real. Not only the top wobbling but apparently he only wears his wedding ring in his dreams. He doesn't have it on in any of the other scenes that are presented as reality, and then he doesn't have it on at the end. Also, they made the point about how you can never remember how a dream started and how you got to a certain point, but we see him wake up on the plane, walk through the airport, go home, etc. We see where it started unlike any of the other dreams where they're just thrown in to the middle of a contained level.

hmmm...i didnt notice that about the wedding ring. my initial thought was that he was still dreaming (assuming Saito shot him) but i think it's intentionally left ambigious...kind of a way to see if your optomistic/pessimistic. anyway, i'm not set in stone on it and a repeat viewing and/or reseach could change my mind

anyway, onto the review...definately loved it...hard for me to give anything a 10 on a first viewing though, i usually reserve that for something i've seen several times and holds up to a repeat viewing. cant thing of a single thing to complain about though
9/10

side note: what a disaster it was getting to see this movie tonight. wife and i went out to dinner before the movie, starts storming. finish dinner, drive about 20 minutes to the theatre. (there's one closer to home but it's not as nice)..ominus storm coulds crawl in, starts pouring...get to theatre and no power. call mom to see if the theatre close to home has it playing, little Lambskin is being a terror and wont let her look up movie times. call brother, says it starts in 10 minutes (it's about 20 minutes away)...remembers there's another theatre about 15 minutes away from where we are and it starts in 15 minutes...start heading that way, all kinds of traffic lights out and flooding causing people to drive in the left hand turn lane to avoid the deep water. finally got sick of how slow it was and took the Trailblazer through the outside deep water lanes, splashing up water all over the other cars...got there with just enough time to get tix, popcorn and pop B-)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:43 am

The Incredible Hulk (2008) (Edward Norton version) 3.5/10

^&%&$&^$&%^^*(%*&(%(*&%&%*%& I am sooooooooooo sick of CGI.

Bad points/rant:

Everything about this movie was interesting EXCEPT the Hulk and that other thing. HAVING A CARTOON PICTURE AS A CHARACTER (aside from Golem) IS EPIC FAIL. When the other actors have to pretend they're there = FAIL. And why the ____ is the Hulk 50 times bigger then he is as a human, fire proof and bullet proof? That's stupid all the way around. 1970s version or GTFO. :-t

Me and my wife were joking right before watching this about American movies, how the bad guy is either a foreigner or has a moustache - in this movie there is one of each :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Metroid » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:05 pm

AussieDodger wrote:Me and my wife were joking right before watching this about American movies, how the bad guy is either a foreigner or has a moustache - in this movie there is one of each :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b

It's funny because it's true...

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

Exhibit D

Case closed. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:08 pm

zomg new avatar :-D
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:13 pm

AussieDodger wrote:zomg new avatar :-D

Nice! Snidely Whiplash! ;-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:21 pm

Metroid wrote:

I don't know who that is, but as long as he says some version of "Silence!", "Behold!" and "Excellent!" he is evil enough for me :-b
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:27 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Metroid wrote:

I don't know who that is, but as long as he says some version of "Silence!", "Behold!" and "Excellent!" he is evil enough for me :-b

He was the villain from the Dudley Do Right segments on Rocky and Bullwinkle. He was always trying to tie some chick to the railroad tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhC_JJwlep0
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Metroid » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:25 am

Just watched The Road with Viggo Mortensen. If you like post apocalyptic type movies and want to be thoroughly depressed, this is the flick for you. I know it's based on a Cormac McCarthy novel, I have not read it but I imagine it's even more depressing than the film. The acting, sets, costuming, cinematography, and dialog was all fantastic. However, the story is not a feel good one at all. That doesn't mean I'm knocking it. This is one of the most genuine post apocalyptic movies I have seen. There was none of that 'main character is a badass fighting off the others' type stuff, like in Book of Eli. It just felt real, it's exactly how you would imagine life would be if the world basically stopped turning....dirty, gritty, savage, lonely, and awfully, awfully sad and depressing. The struggle with morality and humanity throughout the film is striking, but underneath it all it's a father/son love story. Basically it starts out sad, and just keeps getting sadder. Still it was a good flick....don't think I'll be watching it again though.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk