Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:19 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:Inception (second viewing) - still 10/10 - only the second time I've seen a movie in theaters more than once (Toy Story, when I was like 5), and the first time I shelled out the $ myself

I haven't been able to stop thinking about the movie since I saw it, and am planning to see it again as well.

So what do people think of the end? I think it was real. Not only the top wobbling but apparently he only wears his wedding ring in his dreams. He doesn't have it on in any of the other scenes that are presented as reality, and then he doesn't have it on at the end. Also, they made the point about how you can never remember how a dream started and how you got to a certain point, but we see him wake up on the plane, walk through the airport, go home, etc. We see where it started unlike any of the other dreams where they're just thrown in to the middle of a contained level.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:26 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:Inception (second viewing) - still 10/10 - only the second time I've seen a movie in theaters more than once (Toy Story, when I was like 5), and the first time I shelled out the $ myself

I haven't been able to stop thinking about the movie since I saw it, and am planning to see it again as well.

So what do people think of the end? I think it was real. Not only the top wobbling but apparently he only wears his wedding ring in his dreams. He doesn't have it on in any of the other scenes that are presented as reality, and then he doesn't have it on at the end. Also, they made the point about how you can never remember how a dream started and how you got to a certain point, but we see him wake up on the plane, walk through the airport, go home, etc. We see where it started unlike any of the other dreams where they're just thrown in to the middle of a contained level.

Agree with this analysis. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:41 pm

Why is it getting such poor reviews? :-S

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:59 am

I saw The Box on DVD with Cameron Diaz. It was ok in an Alfred Hitchcock type story. It definitely made you think and had more than a few "where the heck is this story going" type moments.

Watched Valentine's Day with my wife last night who has been wanting to see it since, well...what a terrible flick, if you're looking for a chick flick. There must have been 10 different relationships featured and they all went badly (cheating, deception, etc.). Sure, they cleaned some of them up at the end, but for the most part this movie is not the type to show if you're looking to get her in the mood. It worked anyway, but I think that was more me than the movie.

;-)
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:17 pm

How did all the bad guys in Mad Max get shoulder pads? They're in Australia! There's no way they just came across a bunch of football pads in post-apocalyptic Australia.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:23 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:How did all the bad guys in Mad Max get shoulder pads? They're in Australia! There's no way they just came across a bunch of football pads in post-apocalyptic Australia.

You have to remember that Mad Max is set way in the future. It hasn't happened yet but the greatest sport ever, football not that soccer crap, will eventually take over the rest of the planet including Australia...that's how they'll get all those pads. :-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:34 pm

According to wikipedia, the opening credits say it's set "In a few years...". It came out in 1979, so it sounds like it's actually set in the past (relative to 2010). Maybe it's set in the present. I've never been to Australia, but I can't imagine it's a whole lot different than depicted in the movie.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:42 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:According to wikipedia, the opening credits say it's set "In a few years...". It came out in 1979, so it sounds like it's actually set in the past (relative to 2010). Maybe it's set in the present. I've never been to Australia, but I can't imagine it's a whole lot different than depicted in the movie.

I'm pretty sure when they say it's set "in a few years..." they mean in a few years from today. Like when you're watching a movie and it says "in the very near future...". It's not from when the movie is made, it's from when you start watching. :-D

But yeah I can't imagine the vast majority of Australia is much different than the movie at all. Mad Max is a great flick...Mel Gibson when he was just a 23 year old racist. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:56 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:So what do people think of the end? I think it was real. Not only the top wobbling but apparently he only wears his wedding ring in his dreams. He doesn't have it on in any of the other scenes that are presented as reality, and then he doesn't have it on at the end. Also, they made the point about how you can never remember how a dream started and how you got to a certain point, but we see him wake up on the plane, walk through the airport, go home, etc. We see where it started unlike any of the other dreams where they're just thrown in to the middle of a contained level.

Definitely think it's headed for a sequel. Didn't his kids wear the same clothes throughout the entire movie? ;-7
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:12 pm

Saw Knight and Day today with my wife at a matinee (I'm off work for 2 weeks!). Very entertaining flick: 7/10. Some plot holes for sure, but it's worth the ride. There's a hysterical scene where Cameron Diaz starts freaking out while the bullets are flying so Tom Cruise drugs her and escapes with her. She wakes up for a few secs to see him doing more adventurous stuff, falls asleep, wakes up again to something else entirely. Very funny stuff. I couldn't stop laughing until the scene was well over! :-b
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk