Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Fade2White12 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:24 pm

No one had to convince me ;-D

I've been a huge Guillermo fan, so whenever he comes out with new projects, I'm always lined up to see it.

The great thing about that movie, is you don't have to worry about annoying little brats. Funny thing was this couple with their like 4 year old kid sat behind us, asking her mom all these frickin questions. Then, the movie started, they realized it was all in subtitles, and just got up and walked out. It made my movie experience that much better.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:42 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:No one had to convince me ;-D

I've been a huge Guillermo fan, so whenever he comes out with new projects, I'm always lined up to see it.

The great thing about that movie, is you don't have to worry about annoying little brats. Funny thing was this couple with their like 4 year old kid sat behind us, asking her mom all these frickin questions. Then, the movie started, they realized it was all in subtitles, and just got up and walked out. It made my movie experience that much better.

That is great; the people I shared the theater with for Pan's Labyrinth was definitely much different than any other mainstream movie. In fact, it was almost all couples ranging in ages from early 20's to late 50's.

At one point a cell phone went off and you wouldn't believe how pissed off people got. At the end of the film, someone tried to find the person whose phone it was and I heard a number of people muttering about it.

It just shows that this wasn't Norbit... a cell phone ringing really takes you out of a film like that which completely immerses you, not only in a historical time period, but also a dreamlike world. It was a movie for people who love film... not just an opportunity to not have to think for 2 hours.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Y`s Guy » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:44 pm

So, umm, who's going to see "Blades of Glory"? C'mon, show some nads and raise your hands.

We want reviews.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 276)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Coppermine » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:44 am

Y`s Guy wrote:So, umm, who's going to see "Blades of Glory"? C'mon, show some nads and raise your hands.

We want reviews.

For how funny and talented Will Ferrell is, it's disappointing to see him in what looks like another boring, unfunny and tedious comedy. I could be wrong, but I'm not going near this movie.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby cordscords » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:44 pm

Blades Of Glory

6/10

It's a typical Ferrell film so you know what to expect. Several hilarious one liners, and a couple of roars.

BTW- Fischer and Poehler were HOT 8-o
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)

Postby decoy562 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:14 am

I gave Blades of Glory a little better rating than the previous poster...7.5 out of 10. I enjoyed it. Thought it was pretty funny ;-D
-Go Braves!
decoy562
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Old_Style » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:09 am

Blades of Glory 6/10

As Cords said earlier, typical Ferrell movie with several one liners.

I'm really looking forward to Ferrell's next movie, where he plays an owner/coach/player for an ABA team. ;-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BostonBK7 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:37 am

Saw Blades of Glory tonight.

8/10

I thought it was better than Talledega Nights, but no Anchorman. If you like Will Ferrell you'll like this though.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pedantic » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:54 am

I finally got around to seeing 300. I had high hopes for this movie, but I was actually very disappointed. There was some decent but unsatisfying action. On the whole, however, it ended up being rather stupid and silly. There was quite a bit of eye-rolling on my part, and a bulk of the movie I found to be unintentionally funny (in a cringe-inducing way). This movie could have been so, so good. What a shame. I suppose I should have seen this coming. Damn you, movie gods, damn you. Gah. Gah. In the end, the best part of the movie was the nudity. I'm going to go cry and watch Gladiator.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby statsman88 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:44 pm

Saw Blades of Glory. I'd say 6/10. The guys I was with thought it was hilarious, but I didn't find nearly as funny. There were some funny parts, but IMO there were just too many wierd parts. Fans of the Office will get a different view of Pam
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk