Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:27 am

Prince of Persia (8/10).....about 6 of the 8 points go to the fact that I don't think I've ever left a movie theater wanting to do the lead female character as much as I did Gemma Arterton in that movie. Holy rusted metal Batman is she gorgeous in that film.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby jfg » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:44 am

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call 5/10

I had a completely different idea of what this movie was supposed to be when I rented it and I had no idea it was directed by Werner Herzog.... watching it with my wife and mother in law was just a little awkward. The movie was recommended by a few friends and it's interesting, but Nicolas Cage makes this strange transformation in the middle of the movie from your normal Nic Cage role to something that represented Richard Nixon. The movie's worth watching just to see how insane things get and some people like the ending- I didn't.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:54 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:Prince of Persia (8/10).....about 6 of the 8 points go to the fact that I don't think I've ever left a movie theater wanting to do the lead female character as much as I did Gemma Arterton in that movie. Holy rusted metal Batman is she gorgeous in that film.

Yup:

The Artful Dodger wrote:Each time I see the Prince of Persia teaser posters with the princess in the back there on say, a newsstand, I keep saying to myself: "I can't believe that's Gemma Arterton". :-b

I think she's cute as a button, just like in the last Bond film. Getting a bronze tan and growing her hair out some (could be extensions) really did wonders for her.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:14 am

woodson_28 wrote:
Troll 2 - 8/10 (if you don't take it seriously), 1/10 if you do.

I only watched this movie after seeing the trailer, "Best Worst Movie" which is a documentary based on the film Troll 2 (20 years after the fact). If you're into watching movies that are so bad they're good (ie Maximum Overdrive), then give this movie a chance.

not sure how you can only give it an 8...that movie is hilarious
"you don't piss on hospitality"
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:27 pm

Iron Man 2 - 8/10 - Good mindless fun. A while ago I thought it might compare to The Dark Knight, but it wasn't even close. With that said it was still a great movie. And holy mother of God, Scarlett Johansson is the hottest woman alive.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRock » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:30 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:And holy mother of God, Scarlett Johansson is the hottest woman alive.

Says the man who drafted her. ;-7
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:59 pm

TheRock wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:And holy mother of God, Scarlett Johansson is the hottest woman alive.

Says the man who drafted her. ;-7

That was my attempt to subliminally sway the judges (not that I would need to). }:-)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:36 pm

It's Complicated. Meryl Streep, Steve Martin, Alec Baldwin, John Krazinski.
7/10. Funny, family comedy. Streep and Baldwin were great and funny together - Baldwin especially. Streep was nominated for an AA, and she was great, too. I'm not really into these flicks, but my wife got to choose and I'm honestly glad she did. Lots of good banter and some funny hijinks. Very good dialogue and a decent story.

The Tooth Fairy. The Rock and probably no one else.
As far as kids movies go, this is no Shrek or Toy Story, but it had a couple laugh out loud moments. I took my boys to see it yesterday in the $1 movie theater. My oldest is only 4 and he had a great time, but I'd say the movie is more appropriate and understandable for 7 and up. It had some hockey scenes, so that was good for me.
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Neato Torpedo » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:44 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Iron Man 2 - 8/10 - Good mindless fun. A while ago I thought it might compare to The Dark Knight, but it wasn't even close. With that said it was still a great movie. And holy mother of God, Scarlett Johansson is the hottest woman alive.

Comprehensive list of things that I remember from Iron Man 2:

1) Scarlett Johansson kicking ass while being extremely hot
2) Tony Stark building a particle accelerator in about a day and creating a new, stable element that lasts considerably longer than a nanosecond
3) Scarlett Johansson not kicking ass at the time but still being extremely hot
4) "His head is exposed! So is about 75% of his body! Just freakin' shoot him!"

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby JRAMI » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:29 pm

The Human Centipede (Horror Flick)

On a horror scale, 9/10

If your not one for scary movies ,dont bother but if you love the genre this is a must see. One of the most disgusting movies you will ever see. %-6
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk